Sound preferences for next edition

tommo83

Sound preferences for next edition

Post by tommo83 »

Hello Everyone
so the sounds in fs19 have left me with mixed feelings, the idle and start up sounds of the machines sound great its just the high pitch full throttle sounds i just cant get to grips with. after messing around with the sound files im quite happy with the sounds at the moment. My Question is how would you like the sounds to be in the next edition ? would you want the full experience of say the combines fans and straw threshing and real fieldwork sounds. or something similar to what we have now so it doesn't burst any ear drums haha.
Mwal

Re: Sound preferences for next edition

Post by Mwal »

Don’t worry you aren’t alone, the sounds on 19 seem to be pretty universally disliked. I would love more realistic sounds added so I would say my vote is for the full experience.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I kind of want the tractors to have a deeper growl with a turbo aftertaste.

Kind of like grraaggrarrararggagagagag wooooshhhh grarrargggagarararar.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 pm I kind of want the tractors to have a deeper growl with a turbo aftertaste.

Think you got a flat tire there
Ignorance is bliss
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

How about they fix the sounds they have before they add more.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 pm I kind of want the tractors to have a deeper growl with a turbo aftertaste.

Nah, it's just an honest old school six cylinder turbodiesel. Which is cool.

The full throttle sounds are the "issue" in FS19 honestly. The big power tractors don't sound meaty enough, even if the new stuff IRL might be less noisy than 20 years ago.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello
On this video Giants explains clearly how sound will evolve on next FS and it looks it will be really better. I really hope also that we will have manual gear. I kind of guess it since it seems it was tested and abandoned on FS19.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vE1kx6XYJc
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

When I shop for a tractor, my ears play a big part. The in-game Case RPM midi sounds are terrible! I can't abide those vehicles but do love the 1455xl 1981 and 1992 in the modhub... so...
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 pm When I shop for a tractor, my ears play a big part.
:lol: I thought I was the only one.

I want the sound to not "zoom" in and out with the camera. Sometimes you need to zoom out to see what your implement is doing, but you still want to hear the tractor working.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 pm When I shop for a tractor, my ears play a big part.
Big +1

I love alot of the tractors in fs and the mod tractors are great to, but the sound of them is sometimes bad. For example, the New Holland TM series on the modhub doesn't sound anything like the real one I operate and the ingame 8R series doesn't sound like the real thing either. My mate has a 2018 model 8335r and it sounds really meaty at idle, but when pushed on a baler it sounds magnificent. But these few little problems are my preference, so I probably shouldn't worry.

Another thing we need is gearshifts and turbo whistles for the straight pipe tractors. Any tractor with a straight pipe is a weapon. Our neighbours have a ford tw15 with a chrome 6 inch stack and you can here it for miles. The JD 40 series would be a weapon with turbo whistles after each gear.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

TurboJ wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:44 pm
iwan073 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Nah, it's just an honest old school six cylinder turbodiesel. Which is cool.

The full throttle sounds are the "issue" in FS19 honestly. The big power tractors don't sound meaty enough, even if the new stuff IRL might be less noisy than 20 years ago.
the new stuff i would say is less meaty but i wouldnt say its less noisy i was kept up by them harvesting peas in the field opposite me the other night ( i wasnt complaining i was trying to get sound bites haha) and they dont sound like hairdryers on full power.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Big +1

I love alot of the tractors in fs and the mod tractors are great to, but the sound of them is sometimes bad. For example, the New Holland TM series on the modhub doesn't sound anything like the real one I operate and the ingame 8R series doesn't sound like the real thing either. My mate has a 2018 model 8335r and it sounds really meaty at idle, but when pushed on a baler it sounds magnificent. But these few little problems are my preference, so I probably shouldn't worry.
the 6r is my favourite tractor (looks wise) its sounds great at idle but then at full throttle just sounds terrible to me
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

tommo83 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:18 pm
Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Big +1

the 6r is my favourite tractor (looks wise) its sounds great at idle but then at full throttle just sounds terrible to me
You haven't tried the 6x20 JD have you tommo83. That sounds pretty good and can get to 200 HP.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

We run a 1998 Case IH 2388 that has a straightpipe, and it sounds awesome. I have a few yt videos of it.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

That combine is a weapon. Our old tr86 NH has a small hole in the muffler and it makes is scream.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s