Why... What is going on??

spincast1123

Why... What is going on??

Post by spincast1123 »

I just planted a large field of corn and now I'm seeing something really strange.... The field was completely planted within 2 hours (Game time) and now I see that the Headlands have come up but the rest of the field has yet to sprout... The Headlands are about knee high and the rest still shows the planting rows. I fertilized everything at the same time and a full day has yet to pass (Game time). It has only been about 6 hours since planting was finished. I checked and the time is passing in "Real time" so ... What is going on?? Anyone else had this happen?

I'm playing on a PS4 if that makes a difference. :confusednew:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Mwal

Re: Why... What is going on??

Post by Mwal »

Seems to me there is stages I have noticed this on some big fields almost like you catch the end of one and the beginning of another. I don’t know if I'm wrong or right but I have noticed the same thing occasionally. It will stay that way the entire time with that spot being ahead, doesn’t really hurt anything just have to wait for the rest to catch up at harvest.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Seems odd unless you planted across timezones or traversed the multiverse.

#ignoreme
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

spincast1123 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:59 pm I just planted a large field of corn and now I'm seeing something really strange.... The field was completely planted within 2 hours (Game time) and now I see that the Headlands have come up but the rest of the field has yet to sprout... The Headlands are about knee high and the rest still shows the planting rows. I fertilized everything at the same time and a full day has yet to pass (Game time). It has only been about 6 hours since planting was finished. I checked and the time is passing in "Real time" so ... What is going on?? Anyone else had this happen?

I'm playing on a PS4 if that makes a difference. :confusednew:
Are you playing on Marwell Manor map, by chance?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Mwal wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:22 pm Seems to me there is stages I have noticed this on some big fields almost like you catch the end of one and the beginning of another. I don’t know if I'm wrong or right but I have noticed the same thing occasionally. It will stay that way the entire time with that spot being ahead, doesn’t really hurt anything just have to wait for the rest to catch up at harvest.
This. It happens from time to time.
Playing on PC
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

With large fields I usually turn off the plant growth while seeding... a bit tedious but it keeps my OCD levels down knowing the entire crop will eventually grow more uniform.

Sometimes it doesn't happen, but I never know when the next phase of plant growth kicks in.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

^^This. Totally agree, I get rather annoyed when I'm coming back down a field and the strip I've just done has already sprouted/germinated/whatever the technical term is.

I usually play with Seasons so not an issue, but I'm playing vanilla on No Man's Land at the moment and had forgotten all about this phenomenon.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Achtung Baby wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:14 am With large fields I usually turn off the plant growth while seeding... a bit tedious but it keeps my OCD levels down knowing the entire crop will eventually grow more uniform.

Sometimes it doesn't happen, but I never know when the next phase of plant growth kicks in.
I never thought of doing it this way. I normally play at 5x or 15x, but usually if I'm planting a big field I plant at 1x time, and that almost always seems to solve the issue. turning plant growth off seems like a great option as well.

But, now i play exclusively with Seasons so it's not an issue for me anymore.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Before Seasons, I would "simulate" seasons. So, I'd turn off growth and do all of my field work. Once I was ready to spray (summer time), I'd turn on plant growth to fast and 120x until I had the first stage. Turn growth back off and time to 5x and do my spraying, weeding, put up hay, whatever else. Once I was ready to harvest, I'd fast forward until it was ready. Or something along those lines.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

There are some interesting "solutions" to that problem. I will give them a try..... Or it could be the multiverse has caught up to me...again and .... I am playing FelBrunn...Fields 12, 13, and 14 as a single field. I plowed them into a single large field. But it could cross time zone or the multiverse caught me again.... *thumbsup*
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

The crops grow in stages at certain times of day , It sounds like you started at a time before the changeover and so the rows planted before the time have gone to the next stage
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Expect this to happen often if you don't stop growth during planting.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:31 pm Before Seasons, I would "simulate" seasons. So, I'd turn off growth and do all of my field work. Once I was ready to spray (summer time), I'd turn on plant growth to fast and 120x until I had the first stage. Turn growth back off and time to 5x and do my spraying, weeding, put up hay, whatever else. Once I was ready to harvest, I'd fast forward until it was ready. Or something along those lines.
That’s what I do.

I don’t use seasons. Too much waiting around.
Plus I don’t like those fallow fields
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

What fallow fields?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

However, now that Seasons is out, I refuse to play without it. If I feel that I'm waiting around too much, I'll switch to 3 day seasons or speed up the time. But even 6 days on 5x can get hectic sometimes.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!