Favorite map to play without Seasons mod?

theSeb

Re: Favorite map to play without Seasons mod?

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 am I'm enjoying La Coronella 1.0 love all the extra crop types and the factories. Took a bit of time to work out some things with this map that weren't mentioned in the description, but all good now. Using it on a Server and other players are happy with it.

I would say as well that for me in the last couple of weeks starting up about ten different maps, they all seem to play better without Seasons. As much as I really want to give Seasons another good solid playthrough on a map, I'm noticing it having more and more issues and conflicts with many newer mods. The lack of any updates to Seasons in the last 6 months either the release version or the test version does not fill me with confidence that these problems are getting fixed anytime soon either.

I might throw Seasons on a map on my PS4 and try it out on there, where obviously it'll have less chance of getting confused or having issues because there won't be any other script mods installed there, and the game will be much more closely to vanilla then in my PC setup.
What problems exactly with what mods?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Oh don’t mind him, he just says things 😂 seasons is great.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 pm Oh don’t mind him, he just says things 😂 seasons is great.
I am just curious about what problems he has encountered, but also I would like to fully understand the mind that thinks Seasons should be updated constantly because some other mods come out that don't play well with our mod. It will be a fascinating study. Unfortunately when we developed Seasons our all seeing crystal ball was out of order.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:04 am
Mwal wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:40 pm Oh don’t mind him, he just says things 😂 seasons is great.
I am just curious about what problems he has encountered, but also I would like to fully understand the mind that thinks Seasons should be updated constantly because some other mods come out that don't play well with our mod. It will be a fascinating study. Unfortunately when we developed Seasons our all seeing crystal ball was out of order.
Agreed, most people who have issues are talking about the too any fruit on the ground error but I run a limit break mod and so far I haven’t run into issues. I guess I personally can’t handle the perpetual Groundhog Day of the standard game and not sure what I would do with the game after a week without seasons
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He also always says he can never make hay. Always have to use a hay dryer, but I think it is user error. I never have a problem making hay.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Unfortunately even if we rewrite Seasons every day we can never do anything about the too many fruits limitation.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:44 am I never have a problem making hay.
+1 never been an issue for me either, cut when the conditions are correct leave it alone and wait for it to turn.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:36 am Unfortunately even if we rewrite Seasons every day we can never do anything about the too many fruits limitation.
I'm hoping that now some maps are coming with an increased limit that this is something that get puts into any future game updates.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Felsbrunn, New Woodshire, Sussex Farms and Shamrock Valley
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:36 am
Some problems I seem to always experience with Seasons hence why I so often end up removing it from my maps and save games.
Snow that persists on the map all the way through Spring, even though the temperatures are plenty high enough it should have long melted. I'm currently sat on Millennial Farm Map on Day 7 out of 9 of Spring and snow is all over the map still. Annoyingly as well was the game wouldn't let me plough or do anything to my field until Day 4 of Spring because it still kept claiming the ground was frozen despite temperatures for air and ground being above 0.

Grass that won't dry and turn into Hay, despite being mowed in summer when temperatures are at a constant mid 30 degrees celsius and with absolutely zero rainfall. Have mowed the grass, tedded the grass and then leave it and it just remains as grass and never changes to Hay, advance through several days, checking the field each day and still no hay, end up just having to windrow it and place it into a placeable Hay Dryer instead. Had this on several maps, with several different Geos so really can't put a finger on the issue, or why Hay doesn't work in my setup unless it's a conflict with some other mod in my load order. Not easy to trackdown when using 100+ mods in a setup and the log file isn't reporting any error or giving any indication as to what is wrong. It did work at one time when Seasons first came out and for a couple of the Beta builds shortly after that, I even had experience playing on the County Lines Map on a Server where the Grass would literally turn to Hay immediately behind the mower after being cut, or the swaffs left by the mower would have sections where it would alternate between grass and hay.

The real game breaker I experience though is when you have gone through all the trouble of preparing your field, seeding it correctly, fertilising it to full state, waiting through the whole summer period to get to Autumn so you can harvest it, and instead of the fields going from "Growing" state to "Ready to Harvest" when the harvest period starts, they all just skip over the Harvest period and instead go straight to "Withered" every single field on the map including the AI Farmers. Again no idea or rhyme or reason why that happens, but can obviously see how frustrating that is to lose your whole years work and your crop/profit to what is obviously a glitch in the mod.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:30 pm Some problems I seem to always experience with Seasons hence why I so often end up removing it from my maps and save games.
Snow that persists on the map all the way through Spring, even though the temperatures are plenty high enough it should have long melted. I'm currently sat on Millennial Farm Map on Day 7 out of 9 of Spring and snow is all over the map still. Annoyingly as well was the game wouldn't let me plough or do anything to my field until Day 4 of Spring because it still kept claiming the ground was frozen despite temperatures for air and ground being above 0
The snow is an issue with the map or geo on millennial, it’s been mentioned multiple places. The ground doesn’t instantly thaw when it warms up, just like real life. It takes a good month for the ground to thaw in Minnesota and where people drive heavily I have found frost well into June before. You can’t blame seasons for the geo simulating real life conditions, or for something that sounds like a map or geo issues
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Well I am not surprised that you are having issues with Seasons. You had issues with the mod before it was even released. Strange that myself and other hundreds of thousands of people don't have these issues. Thank you for the input.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

His gamebreaking problems will also be an issue with a Geo, or any other mod conflict.
It can also be that crops were planted outside of the planting window? I played hundresd of hours with Seasons, and never had any of the issues he mention here.
I would say, it`s either a mod conflict, a problem with a Geo and / or an user error. But nothing which is a direct Season mod problem.
Last edited by TobiHH on Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

TobiHH wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:56 pm His gamebreaking problems will also be an issue with a Geo, or any other mod conflict.
It can also be that crops were planted outside of the planting window? I played hundresd of hours with Seasons, and never had any of the issues he mention here.
I would say, it`s either a mod conflict, a problem with Geo and / or user error. But nothing which is a direct Season mod problem.
Indeed.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's why I said it was an user error or a mod conflict. The snow in Minnesota is realistic. Last two years we had snow in May and April. I know parts of Minnesota and north Dakota had snow in June.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.