Tedders not working properly going south or east

bobh_slo

Tedders not working properly going south or east

Post by bobh_slo »

Tedders not working properly going south or east. About 20%-30% turns to hay the rest is still grass. Tedder will occasional dumo a HUGE amount of hay.

Seems to be ll in game tedders. I'm on Wild Wild West but have same problem on other maps.

Work around other than doing the work over again going the other way?

windrow helps but still big grass areas and if baler resets there I sometimes get grass bales.

https://imgur.com/a/nw94xcg
juf.de

Re: Tedders not working properly going south or east

Post by juf.de »

This is usually a problem of the map, it happens if the mapper did a poor job with upscaling the gdm/grle files.
the large pile problem happens when the game can't continously release the product (here it is hay) because the ground is already filled with another heap type or the map has a no tip collision at that place.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

I ran into the same issue using a Tedder going south on midwest horizon. Do you have the db90 from jhhg installed as a mod by chance? I had problems with the planter and tedder once I installed the planter. I didn't test the tedder after I deleted the mod and went back to my old setup.....got a bit frustrated and planted soybeans over the field and said screw it.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

juf.de wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 am This is usually a problem of the map, it happens if the mapper did a poor job with upscaling the gdm/grle files.
the large pile problem happens when the game can't continously release the product (here it is hay) because the ground is already filled with another heap type or the map has a no tip collision at that place.
I remember watching a youtube video of someone farming. I cannot remember the map, or if it was 17 or 19, but it was a fact of the map that was creating an issue tedding. On direction it would ted grass into hay, but coming back the other way, it would not work.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm ]

I remember watching a youtube video of someone farming. I cannot remember the map, or if it was 17 or 19, but it was a fact of the map that was creating an issue tedding. On direction it would ted grass into hay, but coming back the other way, it would not work.

naw.. that was just a dream
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Crazof wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm ]

naw.. that was just a dream
I knew I had too many barley beverages.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

now that I fully believe
aklein

Post by aklein »

These are all issues with the map your own. ground collisions not allowing the depositing of a windrow causing large clumps and the tedding issue can be on improper sized map grle. Usually seen on 4x maps or larger.
bobh_slo

Post by bobh_slo »

So, I'm hearing "live with it!"

The tedders and large dumps are minor. I once hit a pile of manure while rolling some snow out of the way and the thing exploded! Boom!!! Snowed in most of my barnyard with drifts taller than my truck for the rest of the winter! No-Man's Land - pretty hard winters with the NML geo.

Speaking of winter.. I had an idea -- there are some traffic poles and recently a mod for roadside marking poles. If you make these a target for the forge harvesters mods the snowblower modes would dump snow where the poles are located. The blowers can be very annoying as they search around for a place to dump snow - the poles would give us some control. I've used front end buckets as targets and it does work.
Chef93

Post by Chef93 »

Wild West updated yesterday for this issue.