Recommend A Map

Jon_boy

Recommend A Map

Post by Jon_boy »

I have recently moved from Fs17 on XB1 to Fs2019 on the PC.

I had several hundred hours on Sosnovka on the XB1 but am struggling to get into Ravenport. I am not enjoying it because I enjoy hiring workers for much of the field work and running the crops round for sale and balancing the equipment between jobs and a good chunk of grass/hay/silage work on the side. I am finding all the odd shape fields in Ravenport mean the workers need much more hands on management as they go off on strange tangents.

Can anyone recommend sosnovka style maps that have mostly square/rectangle fields, a good central place for a farmyard and a road layout to run around on?
YWFMS2351

Re: Recommend A Map

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Goldcrest
Stone Valley
Pacific Northwest
Minibrunn
New Woodshire
PC
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Geiselsberg and Gemeinde Rade are my favourite standard sized maps. My current favourite is MVP 19, with its very large fields.

I don’t use the vanilla AI, but I use CoursePlay a lot, and like having a lot of land to have several tractors on the go at the same time.
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Courseplay will help with odd shaped fields. Two passes on headlands and youre good to go
PC
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Pacific Northwest is my main.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Estancia Lapacha is one you could try of Giants

apart from that i love playing Minibrunn but its a small map and some close hedges and tree lines
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I have played mostly the Durango 4x map--mostly square fields and selling points are scattered across the map. Also has 3 or 4 trains that deliver to selling points not accessible to vehicles. I use mostly Courseplay . Not a whole lot of extra detail. One area by the harbor has big grass fields as well.
Jon_boy

Post by Jon_boy »

Thank you for all the suggestions, I think I am heading to Pacific Northwest next :)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sounds to me like courseplay would change your life https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay
Norway44

Post by Norway44 »

Hollandscheveld... Only square and rectangle fields.. Perfect for workers.
Just bare in mind you should do 1 headland.. due to some of the fields are divided by water (small rivers ?) :)
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:28 pm Goldcrest
Stone Valley
Pacific Northwest
Minibrunn
New Woodshire
I second New Woodshire. It's comparable to Ravenport in size with less trash scattered throughout and doesn't seem to have issues with workers.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

If you would like to check out another one, I just recently fired up Giants Island 09. It's an updated version of the original map. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I'm enjoying it. It's quite open, so no claustrophobia, the roads are wide, there are lots of different sizes of fields and the AI works well, the starter farm only gives you two tractors which is nice (I've seen some give up to 6 tractors which feels like you've already 'won' the farm :lol: ). There's a nice, peaceful feeling to the map. It's fully on an island with no way off. Being that it's a recreation of the original FS09 map, the creator seemed to try to keep the feel of a few things, like the clunky roads (not nearly as polished as the newer FS), limited terrain painting options and more.

Overall I've found it to be a really nice, relaxing map.