Harvester cutters question

Post by Boots »

chedly_farms

Re: Harvester cutters question

Post by chedly_farms »

I have a couple questions for you.

1. What map are you playing?
2. Console or PC

On some maps, the map makers with "program" the hedges with different collisions. OxygenDavid for example, will allow most everything through a hedge except for hay bales or combine harvester headers. Other maps like the British one that came out last week will allow Harvester headers through hedges. And further, why are you trying to drive through hedges anyways? Use the gate, silly person.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Boots

Post by Boots »

I play on PC
I am on Bessy Beneath map
and the reason is for hired workers
I go round the field once and set the hired worker off and when they come up to the hedge they stop
but if I use the new holland one they manage fine
I could go round the field 2 or 3 times then hire a worker but some fields are small and I would be just as well
doing the whole field myself
I like the folding header so I don't have to use the trailer to move from one field to another and go through gates etc.

thank you for replying
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

double up your headlands
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Boots wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 pm I play on PC
I am on Bessy Beneath map
and the reason is for hired workers
I go round the field once and set the hired worker off and when they come up to the hedge they stop
but if I use the new holland one they manage fine
I could go round the field 2 or 3 times then hire a worker but some fields are small and I would be just as well
doing the whole field myself
I like the folding header so I don't have to use the trailer to move from one field to another and go through gates etc.

thank you for replying
Maybe try a smaller header. And I’m not goofing with you. When I first started playing on Marwell last year, I hired a worker to plant a field using the big Amazone seeder, and the worker always stayed well clear of the field edges and hedgerows. When I downgraded to a smaller seeder, it worked better.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Boots

Post by Boots »

OK - using double headlands yes but what I find is 1 headland the combine reaches the end and sees the hedge it reverses to turn and then goes back in the other direction
using 2 headlands it thinks it can just turn but it hits the hedge with the cutting bar
If I use 3 headlands yes it will turn but 3 headlands I am just as well do the whole field myself and not use hired workers

Using a smaller cutting bar - yes that is why I use the new holland 18Ft cutting bar but it is sometimes tight to get through some gates (it will go through hedges and works perfect)

I like the folding cutter because it will go through all gates and I don't have to use a trailer to move about

My question was If the new holland 18Ft cutter dosent mind hedges can other cutting bars be made the same - is it something in the script that could be changed to make them the same?

I like to use the compass to work out the best way to work the field - see photo below

It can be hard to do headlands depending on how I am going to work the field and use a hired worker
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

That seems a very complicated way to combine a field ... but each to their own!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Boots

Post by Boots »

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I reckon there is something wrong with the NH varifeed 18ft front. I used a worker on it once and when the grain tank was full, the front still operates and is lowered to the ground. Is this the header or a drunk worker. 🤔🤔
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

Boots - I don't have any answer to your question but I wanted to say I appreciate the use of visuals/powerpoint to describe the problem. Are you a technical person or engineer by chance?
Boots

Post by Boots »

In answer to mike33s no I am not a technical person or engineer
I did work for the Local Authority as a sign maker for over 40 years and as a Retained Firefighter (on call 24/7) for over 30 years and attended many many incidents to do with farming
My father in law in addition to his full time job had a Croft and I used to enjoy doing jobs on the Croft
I don't know much about computers (just the basics) I don't play any other games Just Farming Sim.
My wife bought this game for my grandson when it first came out and him and his mates still play

Here is I think an interesting fact

My wife did our family tree up to her death in 2014 and got back to the 1660s

During this bad time between playing this great game I was also looking over the family tree and filling in some of the missing family members and I came across a farm name
I recognised - it was on a map in FS17

What do you think of that
I here someone is converting it for FS19 - I hope to play this map again when it comes out and look at it in a different light

History to me when I was at school was something that happened a long time ago and some place far away
Doing the family tree brought history alive being able to put family names who were alive at the time
Even better local history and find out the jobs they were doing

In saying all that I still would like to know about the combine cutting bar could they be changed ?
I don't like to use a traitor to shift the cutting bar and the NH 18ft. one is sometimes too wide to go through gates
so I use the folding one
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I still say try it again with double headlands ( or even triple)
Boots

Post by Boots »

Hello Crazof - thank you for getting back
Yes you are right and I do that
If you take a look at my example above you see I gave it 3 headlands top and bottom of the field but I was asking why does the NH 18ft cutting bar go through the hedge and all others don't
Is there something in the way the mod is made up or something in the script that lets that cutting bar go through the hedge

This was more for when I use hired workers and I can go and bale the straw and empty the harvester while the hired worker harvests the rest of the field
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

The collisions on hedges are more than a simple yes/no - these are the details (https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/c ... lator-mod/) -- so it all depends on what classifications the NH header has opposed to others and what collision mask has been set on the hedges -- and bear in mind that each section of hedge *could* have a different collision mask set on it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Boots

Post by Boots »

Thank you blue_painted for that information and for sharing that site on the internet
I think I understand what you are saying (it's way over my head just having basic computer skills)

It is not as simple as copying the script from the New Holland cutting bar and putting it into the other cutting bars
(I would not even know where to find that information anyway)

Thanks again