What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

CaptGoodvibes
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am
chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end

Crazof
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by Crazof » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:35 am

The op asked about old school. Last I knew the big buds are old school. So Welker would not be a bad choice.

Sinclaircool
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by Sinclaircool » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm

CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am
chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't
Don't leak mods

ValhallSN95
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 pm
Location: Lubbock Texas
Contact:

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by ValhallSN95 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:27 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.
Hey I have a 550 hr Welker save that the biggest piece of equipment I have is 7.4 meters lol
I only have a 4440, a 4640 and a 4755 and harvest with a 6200 Turbo. It takes time, but thats what I'm used to, and I enjoy it.
Chris Birdsong Lubbock, TX
No farm of my own, but grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm.
Building street cars and race cars keep me broke.

Xbox One X w/ Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Welker Farms 550hrs (Retired)
Lone Oak 300hrs (Retired)
Westbridge Hills 10hrs (ON HOLD)

Currently On NFS Heat, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and FFXII-The Zodiak Age

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 pm

I'm working on a map(well, with a LOT of help from TheSubbie) that will hopefully have a lot of old school feel to it, very small fields, and old signs if I can use them. So hopefully somebody brings that 4020, 95, and a model A to console.

CaptGoodvibes
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:45 am

Sinclaircool wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am

YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't
Show me the place on Welker Farms where there is an obstruction preventing a 3m implement. :lol:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end

CowsGoMoo
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by CowsGoMoo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am

If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.
started with 17 on pc
current PS4 player 17 and 19

Farmercaseih
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by Farmercaseih » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:57 pm

A 12 row planter is 30 feet wide

JWE75
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 am

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by JWE75 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Any small Polish map is good to start. Central europian maps also.
Medium and old small machinery works fine. Many maps in modhub represents too much modern farming, Big farm yards, field size etc. I'm old enough to experience golden age of farming. Before EU, Large US farming, South America where animals full of antibiotics (Not in Finland though ;)) , rain forests raped down for cheap cow meat etc. Be brave, there is plenty good maps in the game.

NitroJ-300
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by NitroJ-300 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Well console is limited but like people have said most EU/UK maps are good. If it US maps Ravenwood works. If you stay to the smaller fields ( like the starter farm)

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by chedly_farms » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:40 am

CowsGoMoo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am
If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, Re-Retired Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 3629
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by Illinois Farmer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am

I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

CowsGoMoo
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by CowsGoMoo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:23 pm

chedly_farms wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:40 am
CowsGoMoo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am
If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.
You're a bit off Ched. Brians Farming and I know Larsen Farms mention what number day of harvesting (day 1, day 3, day 18) they are on in their vids. Brians for instance is in a climate and grow crops they harvest for over a month. I think they are around 2000 acres and use big U.S. spec Claas
started with 17 on pc
current PS4 player 17 and 19

User avatar
chedly_farms
Posts: 2156
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by chedly_farms » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Ok my bad
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

_________________
My inside source is more awesome than your inside source.
Retired Part Time Key-Board Warrior, Re-Retired Sarcastic Poster.
-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----

User avatar
Dairydeere
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: Eastern Washington, United States
Contact:

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by Dairydeere » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am
I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.
Now I have to really appreciate the fact that we can knock out 250 acres of alfalfa haylage in a 14 hour work day lol
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games
FSN - Joined March 15
CanFarm - 8hrs.

Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer
YT Discord- https://discord.gg/HgWPg2h

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

Post Reply