What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

CaptGoodvibes

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Sinclaircool wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

The op asked about old school. Last I knew the big buds are old school. So Welker would not be a bad choice.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't
Don't leak mods
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Hey I have a 550 hr Welker save that the biggest piece of equipment I have is 7.4 meters lol
I only have a 4440, a 4640 and a 4755 and harvest with a 6200 Turbo. It takes time, but thats what I'm used to, and I enjoy it.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

I'm working on a map(well, with a LOT of help from TheSubbie) that will hopefully have a lot of old school feel to it, very small fields, and old signs if I can use them. So hopefully somebody brings that 4020, 95, and a model A to console.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Sinclaircool wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't
Show me the place on Welker Farms where there is an obstruction preventing a 3m implement. :lol:
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

A 12 row planter is 30 feet wide
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Any small Polish map is good to start. Central europian maps also.
Medium and old small machinery works fine. Many maps in modhub represents too much modern farming, Big farm yards, field size etc. I'm old enough to experience golden age of farming. Before EU, Large US farming, South America where animals full of antibiotics (Not in Finland though ;)) , rain forests raped down for cheap cow meat etc. Be brave, there is plenty good maps in the game.
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

Well console is limited but like people have said most EU/UK maps are good. If it US maps Ravenwood works. If you stay to the smaller fields ( like the starter farm)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Map area= 400 hectares

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

chedly_farms wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:40 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Map area= 400 hectares

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.
You're a bit off Ched. Brians Farming and I know Larsen Farms mention what number day of harvesting (day 1, day 3, day 18) they are on in their vids. Brians for instance is in a climate and grow crops they harvest for over a month. I think they are around 2000 acres and use big U.S. spec Claas
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Ok my bad
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.
Now I have to really appreciate the fact that we can knock out 250 acres of alfalfa haylage in a 14 hour work day lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!