Page 2 of 3

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
by CaptGoodvibes
Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am
chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:35 am
by Crazof
The op asked about old school. Last I knew the big buds are old school. So Welker would not be a bad choice.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm
by Sinclaircool
CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am
chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.

I can't leave you hanging like that. I would seriously suggest Campaign of France from Blacksheep. It's very nice map IMO. And it's nice and small for older equipment.
YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:27 pm
by ValhallSN95
chedly_farms wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
Welker Farms handles 2-3m equipment very well.
Hey I have a 550 hr Welker save that the biggest piece of equipment I have is 7.4 meters lol
I only have a 4440, a 4640 and a 4755 and harvest with a 6200 Turbo. It takes time, but thats what I'm used to, and I enjoy it.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 pm
by RunlikeaDeere
I'm working on a map(well, with a LOT of help from TheSubbie) that will hopefully have a lot of old school feel to it, very small fields, and old signs if I can use them. So hopefully somebody brings that 4020, 95, and a model A to console.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:45 am
by CaptGoodvibes
Sinclaircool wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Sinclaircool wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am

YOU MUST BE JOKING WITH WELKER FARMS
Are you saying Welker doesn't handle 2-3m equipment well? :coolnew:
Well judging by the field sizes it doesn't
Show me the place on Welker Farms where there is an obstruction preventing a 3m implement. :lol:

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am
by CowsGoMoo
If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:57 pm
by Farmercaseih
A 12 row planter is 30 feet wide

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm
by JWE75
Any small Polish map is good to start. Central europian maps also.
Medium and old small machinery works fine. Many maps in modhub represents too much modern farming, Big farm yards, field size etc. I'm old enough to experience golden age of farming. Before EU, Large US farming, South America where animals full of antibiotics (Not in Finland though ;)) , rain forests raped down for cheap cow meat etc. Be brave, there is plenty good maps in the game.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:00 pm
by NitroJ-300
Well console is limited but like people have said most EU/UK maps are good. If it US maps Ravenwood works. If you stay to the smaller fields ( like the starter farm)

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:40 am
by chedly_farms
CowsGoMoo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am
If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am
by Illinois Farmer
I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:23 pm
by CowsGoMoo
chedly_farms wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:40 am
CowsGoMoo wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am
If Ched is going to joke then I will go the other route

Standard map= 2 kilometer by 2 kilometer
Map area= 400 hectares
Hectares to acres= 989 acres (rounded up to nearest full acres)

Some of the farms on yt I have seen that work around 1000 acres may have a single combine with 20 or 30 foot header (7.6 to 10m in game good match) and 8 row corn head, a chisel (plow) around 10-12 feet (3-4m), maybe a heavy disk/verticle till in the same range up to 20 foot (3-5m), and maybe a seeder in same range (specially if they have cattle and seed their own hay/straw crops) and 30 inch 12 row planter which I believe is around 24 foot wide (7ish meter) from end row center to end row center so a little wider than that for over all machine.

Some figures may be off, I'm not exactly a farmer, and some conversions to metric may slightly differ from what you read on post, I am also not a conversion app.

I fully agree with the point you are trying to make. Welker map is actually scaled down from real life. So if you were to farm the whole “in game map” in real life, a 20 to 25 foot head on a combine would suffice, and would probably only take you 4-5 days, working 8 to 10 hour days.
You're a bit off Ched. Brians Farming and I know Larsen Farms mention what number day of harvesting (day 1, day 3, day 18) they are on in their vids. Brians for instance is in a climate and grow crops they harvest for over a month. I think they are around 2000 acres and use big U.S. spec Claas

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:51 pm
by chedly_farms
Ok my bad

Re: What maps for console do you recommend for old school farming?

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:31 pm
by Dairydeere
Illinois Farmer wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am
I wish it would only take 4 to 5 days ha. Try almost 15 or more days. Working only 8 to 10 hours, you will barely get 50 acres done in a day. Granted you are combining at 4 mph.
Now I have to really appreciate the fact that we can knock out 250 acres of alfalfa haylage in a 14 hour work day lol