Holy Cow... Mowing magic....

spincast1123

Holy Cow... Mowing magic....

Post by spincast1123 »

I was cutting grass when all of a sudden the grass became a pile, behind the mower deck, that was as tall as my tractor. I wasn't stopped nor had I done anything different. I was just cutting grass. Admittedly it was first cutting, but it only happened for a short distance. I am on PS4 and was using a Valtra S394 tractor and a Claas Disco 3600 PC and Disco 1100 C mowing combo. This was in Felsbrunn and was in a non-field area, I have had it occur in fields but not off field. Still seems strange that it happens, and wonder if others have experience this oddity. This one pile made 2 bales, 4000 l square. :lol:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
chedly_farms

Re: Holy Cow... Mowing magic....

Post by chedly_farms »

We’re you mowing close to a road?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

by chedly_farms

We’re you mowing close to a road?

I was not close to a road, I was about 4 passes into the grassway.
playing on PS4
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Every now and then I have this happen. It's usually not as big as my tractor, but a big clump none the less.
Playing on PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I had this happen to me on Felsbrunn when I was mowing in areas that were close to places that wouldn’t allow the grass to drop. So the mower would “hold it” until it could drop it. It’s like the same mechanic that allows you to put straw down in animal feeding areas, and then the animals can’t spill food there so you never have to clean it up.

juf.de

Post by juf.de »

This happens if the mower can't dump the grass. Engine wise the mower cuts the grass, collects it in a virtual bunker and then dumps it, as this happens in an instant, it looks like it is cut and dumped immediately.

This happens if there is a tip col (tip collision) for a specific area on the ground (e.g. on most roads as cheldy mentioned), which can only be created viewed and removed in the GiantsEditor or of some other heap is already on the ground (Snow in Seasons, Hay, Straw, etc.).

In rare cases an uneven ground can also lead to this problem, if the tip trigger (the area where in this case the grass is dumped) is below or way above the ground.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

Thank you all for your explanations, that helps me understand and now I can work with that. Might try using the terraforming to flatten that area.
playing on PS4
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

chedly_farms wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:58 pmIt’s like the same mechanic that allows you to put straw down in animal feeding areas, and then the animals can’t spill food there so you never have to clean it up.
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there buddy... what? Cleaning up spilled feed RUINS the fun of animal raising for me, due to being compelled to clean the instant it is visible, which results in a never-ending loop of all my pens as soon as im in the area. Are you telling me there is a way to trick the system into not placing any? Someone on here suggested dropping wood chips, which kinda worked, but the mess of that was just as irritating as the mess of food.

Animals i dont have to clean would open up an entire section of the game that i cant ever get too far into before getting annoyed.

Edit: Just read it closer, and i think you are saying the same as what i mentioned about the wood chips. I guess straw makes more sense, so is a little less intrusive.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Yes, On Marwell I dropped some straw down in front of the chicken feed trough. And then I came in with the skid loader and raised the bucket slightly off the ground and picked up the rest of the straw to only leave a thin layer covering the ground. I left it like that for a really long time, maybe around 70+ in game days. Now I did pick that up, because I purchased a John Deere skid loader for that farm. So the next part is kind of hilarious. Once I picked up the straw off the ground, there must have been a backlog of spilled feed recognized by the game as it was dumping over 6,000 liters of spilled feed a day.