courseplay

m0nk3n

courseplay

Post by m0nk3n »

does coureplay not work properly yet cause it doesnt find the harvester (have only one atm)
mike33s

Re: courseplay

Post by mike33s »

It still has trouble from what I can tell. Is your harvester being run by courseplay too? That seems to be the only way that people have been been able to get it to work. I personally use courseplay to run the harvester and autodrive to unload harvesters and deliver grain to sell points.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yes, they took the ability to manually run the combine and be unloaded by courseplay. It was a disappointing but I’m assuming necessary step. I’m hoping it comes back in the future but when asked by someone on github the creator seemed unsure about its return.
m0nk3n

Post by m0nk3n »

no was just using the workers for unloading and getting them to go to the silo as usual, and the combine is on fs helper mode.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

CP can only find harvesters now when the harvester is being run by CP and even then it's sketchy and seems to work based on luck and chance. Overloading mode seems to not work at all any more. *sad face*
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

m0nk3n wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:33 am no was just using the workers for unloading and getting them to go to the silo as usual, and the combine is on fs helper mode.
You need to have both combine and unloader controlled by CP.
There's a video guide on the github page, if you haven't already watched that.
theSeb wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:04 pm CP can only find harvesters now when the harvester is being run by CP and even then it's sketchy and seems to work based on luck and chance. Overloading mode seems to not work at all any more. *sad face*
As with any mod/tool, it has its limitations with which you need to be familiar.
Personally, I can set it up without problems in most situations, and most problems seem to stem from collisions.
In all fairness considering the FS19 version is maintained by 1-2 people, this is impressive.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:39 am As with any mod/tool, it has its limitations with which you need to be familiar.
Personally, I can set it up without problems in most situations, and most problems seem to stem from collisions.
In all fairness considering the FS19 version is maintained by 1-2 people, this is impressive.
They are also having to tear out large portions of the old code and completely rewrite them as well, so they are making good progress, though its not always something we can see.

Edit don_apple: fixed broken quoting.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I've been watching Kederk Farms, and he's gotten it where the grain cart will be able to find and unload two combines on the same course in tandem, and go to an unload point. Maybe he's using a dated version?

Also, what link is everyone using for downloading courseplay atm? I can't seem to find the file in my mods lol, and I want an updated version
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I believe Kerdek said that the combine has to be running on courseplay too. You can download it from github.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 pm I believe Kerdek said that the combine has to be running on courseplay too.
Oh, I didn't realize you guys were talking about a combine not on courseplay. Ok
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It is all good.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:22 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 pm I believe Kerdek said that the combine has to be running on courseplay too.
Oh, I didn't realize you guys were talking about a combine not on courseplay. Ok
You used to be able to drive the combine yourself or have it on a normal or enhanced worker and CP would come and unload. *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Just google githubcourseplay
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

When you have both combine and tractor/trailer working with Courseplay, things work good to a current degree. The tractor/trailer might have a issue with being triggered to start unloading the combine. Especially if the combine is further away from the stop point of the unload course. However if you set it up correctly, it might only happen if you load up the game. A neat but sometimes annoying feature in CP is, that the combine and tractor/trailer will avoid driving over crops. The annoying thing is that the combine will maneuver away from the crop even if the auger is facing away from the crops. And when starting again, it leaves patches of unharvested crop.

Also make sure the combine has requested a driver, else the combine will not be unloaded.