Fertilizing and the way a crop is planted...

spincast1123

Fertilizing and the way a crop is planted...

Post by spincast1123 »

:confusednew: Ok, so I planted crops with a seeder and had the fertilizer on board so it was applied while planting. I had not fertilized before I planted so I went back and checked the field and it showed 50%... Hop into my fert tractor/wagon combo and started to apply..... nothing.... restarted the game, hopped back into the fert tractor and again nothing.... Gave up on that and planted another crop using my planter and, again didn't fert before... Hopped into the fert tractor... Yup, shows as having been applied.... No matter how I tried; liquid or dry, I could not get the crops planted using a seeder to show a 100% fertilizing, while the crops planted using a planter did show 100%. Any help understanding this is appreciated.

Playing on a PS4 if that makes any difference.
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Illinois Farmer

Re: Fertilizing and the way a crop is planted...

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Base game is only 2 fertilizing states. The ground state has to change in order for a fertilizing state to take. For example, cultivate, then plant with a fertilizer, then fertilize after the first growth stage. Or fertilize, then cultivate, then plant with a fertilizer tank.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

Thank you for that.... Sometimes you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.... Now I have to learn to roll over.... :lol:
playing on PS4
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Yes to expound on what my colleague above has stated, the ground state has to change. So for example...after harvest you can fertilize and spread lime, then after that use the seeder/planter with fertilizer and get two fertilizer stages right away. However, if you didn't fertilize before planting/seeding, you must wait until the next growth stage to fertilize. Or if your planter/seeder does not plant and fertilize...After harvest you can fertilize, then plant, then fertilize before the first growth stage. I could go on and on with all the combinations, but I feel you get the point.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

Indeed your point is taken... that said, I just planted a field of grass using as Bourbault 3420-100 Para-link Hoe Drill with a 71300 Aircart. This time I fertilized, cultivated then planted. I checked and found that the field was at 50% rather than 100%. Oh, I did fill both tanks on the Aircart... in case my senility takes over.... Where did I mess up this time?? :confusednew: Was it because of cultivating before using the drill??? Back in the day, we didn't have these new fangled thingys doin the fert and seeds in one shot... But the horse was put to pasture before I planted my first field...
playing on PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's odd. If your tanks were filled with seed and fertilizer than it should have worked, idk why it didn't for you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Are you using proseed? I've forgotten to switch the fertiliser on and seeded an entire field before realising my mistake in the past
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I think in the base game cultivating after fertilizing reverts the fertilizer stage. Try cultivating first, then fertilize, and then plant w/fertilization and let us know if that fixes it.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Cultivating does not revert fertiliser stages. Any ground operation (harvest, plough, cultivate, plant), or a growth stage advance, allows you to fertilise again. You cannot fertilise again without a "ground change". The seeder with a fertiliser fertilises first iirc, so you cannot cultivate + fertilise + plant with fertiliser
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:39 am Are you using proseed? I've forgotten to switch the fertiliser on and seeded an entire field before realising my mistake in the past
Not just me then :lol:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am Cultivating does not revert fertiliser stages. Any ground operation (harvest, plough, cultivate, plant), or a growth stage advance, allows you to fertilise again. You cannot fertilise again without a "ground change". The seeder with a fertiliser fertilises first iirc, so you cannot cultivate + fertilise + plant with fertiliser
But that would be a ground state change, from cultivated to planted. I have fertilized an empty field, then planted with fertilization and got a stage 2 right off the bat.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

That's why I said IIRC. I am not sure if you can cultivate, then fertilise, then plant with fertiliser. I didn't think it would work, but maybe it does? I am pretty sure the planter/fertiliser first fertilises and then the ground state to planted/growing so if the ground is fertilised already it won't do the fertilising. Could be wrong here since I've not been paying much attention and using seeders/planters without fertiliser mainly.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Yes, a direct drill fertilize, cultivate and put in seed. So why he couldn't get 100% after fertilizing, cultivating and drilling makes no sense...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I am glad that I'm not the only one confessed...As for the proseed... I use the seed from a seed tank on property... I don't believe that proseed isn't available in the game I'm playing; base game. I'll try fert, cultivate, plant w/fert again to see what happens this time. Maybe planting grass w/fert doesn't work for some reason. I'll plant a cereal crop this time... then let you know what happened... fingers crossed. *thumbsup*
playing on PS4