Name one tractor...

ChiefContractor

Re: Name one tractor...

Post by ChiefContractor »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:21 am John Deere 8225R

This is a tractor that I've spent most of my hours in. Between this and a newer 8310R, but you can't beat a JD powershift. Pretty much all of our tractors on the farm are powershifts, it's what I've grown up driving. The two main things this tractor does are haul hay wagons as shown, and haul manure in the winter. It's a fantastic tractor

Edit: This tractor is ingame as a part of the 8R 09-11 series by JHHG (PC only), however it sadly doesn't have those tires, only row crops. I love having those big tires hauling down the road :D
Nice setup

Myself it'd have to be a John Deere 6215R with a front linkage
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

ChiefContractor wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 am
Nice setup

Myself it'd have to be a John Deere 6215R with a front linkage
There’s a mod pack on mod hub of JD 6R, think it’s the smaller frame version only goes upto 6215R, but you can put a front linkage and Michelin’s on; only thing stopping Me using it is no seat suspension cam, just adds more to the immersion for me
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Learned on a 3020
Started field work on 7800 MFWD
Logged more hours on a 8200 MFWD than anything else combined.
8360R with ILS and IVT is hard to beat pulling a grain cart.
Still would love to drive a 4960 MFWD

(Sorry for no pictures....gotta rush the kids out for school and drive to work)
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

For the record not a farmer just a really big fan lol. In game and in real life I was always partial to the American iron more so the red ones. The green Johnny poppers what I always thought of for John Deere. But growing up going to the tractor pulls this white and Orange case tractors always caught my eye. The openings on the front end and the way the hoods were shaped always made me think of a hot rod crossed with a farm tractor
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:33 pm For the record not a farmer just a really big fan lol. In game and in real life I was always partial to the American iron more so the red ones. The green Johnny poppers what I always thought of for John Deere. But growing up going to the tractor pulls this white and Orange case tractors always caught my eye. The openings on the front end and the way the hoods were shaped always made me think of a hot rod crossed with a farm tractor
The first thing I though of when you mentioned Case was a dude named Lucas Criswell that pulls with Case tractors out in the central part of the state. I’m just full of useless information that will get me no where in life.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

It's better to have more information that you don't need than not know anything. I saw more White and Oliver than I did ji case. Maybe they stood out because they were more rare
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

I have 3 favorites:

If I had to pick just one it would be the John Deere 60, mainly because this was my Grandfather's big tractor when I was a kid. And there is something in the sound of a two cylinder Deere that just soothes my soul.

The Deere 4020 because it is one of the most historically significant tractors.

And the Deere 4440 (Thanks Black Sheep modding!)
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
svkb

Post by svkb »

Either the 70 or 90 series Case. We had both a 970 for smaller work and a 2390 on our farm growing up. Spent countless hours in both. Man do I miss those days!
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Newholland T8 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm
There’s a mod pack on mod hub of JD 6R, think it’s the smaller frame version only goes upto 6215R, but you can put a front linkage and Michelin’s on; only thing stopping Me using it is no seat suspension cam, just adds more to the immersion for me
I know, I use it
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

I bleed green and yellow, not a farmer but my dad sold them. I also grew up with friends on many farms and got to drive a lot of stuff as a kid. Deere 8440 or 8850 would be my dream in game tractor. Im just not a fan of the tracks.

A very close 2nd and 3rd from anyone else would be a Gleaner Combine, and a Steiger Tiger.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

RunlikeaDeere wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm I bleed green and yellow, not a farmer but my dad sold them. I also grew up with friends on many farms and got to drive a lot of stuff as a kid. Deere 8440 or 8850 would be my dream in game tractor. Im just not a fan of the tracks.

A very close 2nd and 3rd from anyone else would be a Gleaner Combine, and a Steiger Tiger.
If you're on PC, there is a John Deere 8440 on yesmods.com
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm I bleed green and yellow, not a farmer but my dad sold them. I also grew up with friends on many farms and got to drive a lot of stuff as a kid. Deere 8440 or 8850 would be my dream in game tractor. Im just not a fan of the tracks.

If you're on PC, there is a John Deere 8440 on yesmods.com
I know, dont torture me, lol! That is why I said 8440 and not 8640--I was going for most likely to happen. 8630 or 7520 also would be sweet.

I'm on ps4 unfortunately. My brother got a PC just to play FS and there are so many sweet Iowa maps I'll never see....
NVillers86

Post by NVillers86 »

I always loved our IH 1066 because that is what I started on when I was 8-10. Would drive square baling while the others worked the wagon. BUT.... I would have to say my favorite was our IH Hydro 70 (Gas) that did all our loader work. Ours had bigger tires on the rear than spec and she was pretty wound out... I always loved passing the Police Department radar boards just to see the number over 30 mph... Very fast for a US tractor made in that Era.
MAC/PC Version
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

RunlikeaDeere wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:29 pm
I know, dont torture me, lol! That is why I said 8440 and not 8640--I was going for most likely to happen. 8630 or 7520 also would be sweet.

I'm on ps4 unfortunately. My brother got a PC just to play FS and there are so many sweet Iowa maps I'll never see....
Ah lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Not a farmer but I'm really impressed by this beast.