Could these new consoles close the gap with PC gaming?

this_is_gav

Re: Could these new consoles close the gap with PC gaming?

Post by this_is_gav »

Guil wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:18 am No such thing as 9x few I've seen called 9x have been 16x.
Ah, but there is! Well, theoretically there is; I've not tested it myself but it's a very thorough article so I've no doubt Kim tested it himself.

Farmsim Forensics: Map sizes (from about half way down the page, with the specific reference to a 9x map 2/3 of the way down the page).

It would be interesting to know whether GIANTS would accept anything other than a standard sized map for consoles. Thus far every single console map has been 2km*2km.

Kim's written a few great explanation articles on that site. Hopefully he's not stopped and just paused as it would be excellent to read more in the future.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I thought myself before that it was possible but no one has tried afaik. You would have to assume that if the author tested it that he would have shown his work. I don't think it is as simple as changing the units per pixel and I wouldn't know where to begin to try this.
IanMorris

Post by IanMorris »

Airborne82nd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:48 am Sincere question. And i suppose i could post this on any game, but the Devs do tend to respond when i post matters like this.

In short, these new console machines seem like monsters. Would there even be a difference in this game on next gen consoles between both consoles and pc?

Seemingly, you can play with a k&m even on current Xbox. And the power of the machines i would think could handle 4x or 6x maps.

Would modders and devs still be under constraints on the new consoles as they are now?

Will we see any relative differences between the two platforms on future FS?

I'm not a techie, but would ask if the Devs have read over the new specs, have tinkered around with it, and what it all means for the future of FS?
When it comes to comparing game experiences between consoles and PC, there are a few factors to consider. Firstly, consoles have dedicated hardware, which means that developers can optimize their games specifically for those systems. On the other hand, PCs offer more flexibility and customization options, allowing players to potentially achieve higher graphical settings and performance depending on their hardware capabilities.