Farming simulator 21 release?

ctb123

Re: Farming simulator 21 release?

Post by ctb123 »

Achtung Baby wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:02 am Just for curiosity, here's a chart from Steam which shows the usage of players since it was released. It appears there was a spike in popularity with a couple of the early DLCs.
https://steamcharts.com/app/787860

As for the future of FS, consoles will be the determining factor. 45% of FS19 sales were PC... no doubt that may be less in the next version.
Intesting, since January every month this year has had a significant increase in players compared to the same month in 2019. Some of this might be attributed to the pandemic, but I doubt that explains the full increase. For all the people that might be tiring of FS19, there certainly are plenty of other players to more than make up for them to this point.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

ctb123 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm
Achtung Baby wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:02 am Just for curiosity, here's a chart from Steam which shows the usage of players since it was released. It appears there was a spike in popularity with a couple of the early DLCs.

As for the future of FS, consoles will be the determining factor. 45% of FS19 sales were PC... no doubt that may be less in the next version.
Intesting, since January every month this year has had a significant increase in players compared to the same month in 2019. Some of this might be attributed to the pandemic, but I doubt that explains the full increase. For all the people that might be tiring of FS19, there certainly are plenty of other players to more than make up for them to this point.
These numbers are completely insignificant in comparison to the total number of players, so trying to draw trends from this would be tenous. The only thing you can reliable infer from the numbers is that some people are playing FS 19 via Steam.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Why would PC sales for the next game be less? :hmm:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I believe they are trying to say less of a percentage not necessarily less
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm I believe they are trying to say less of a percentage not necessarily less
Why would that be? Still confused..
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mobias wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm The two things FS-22 will need to have to get me back into playing the sim is a big make over of the graphics engine and some form of deformable terrain. Thats all I'm interested in.
Agreed. *thumbsup*

I really hope GIANTS take note of the new consoles, new GPU'S and CPU's that are coming out this year. A new game engine is needed to take advantage of what the new consoles and PC parts have to offer.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Because the console percentage would increase
Guil

Post by Guil »

Says who lol?
There is a lot more retailers than steam for pc.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm Because the console percentage would increase
It will be about the same. There has been an increase in console players switching to the PC version of the game over the last year, but no matter what platform you play on the game will be the same apart from the mods. *thumbsup*
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I reckon console vs pc % will definitely increase in the next game. I am quite sure it increased going from 17-19 and now we have shiny, new, more powerful consoles for the consolers so there will be more of them coming. Prepare for more discussions about slots.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Guil wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 pm Says who lol?
There is a lot more retailers than steam for pc.
The guy who said it 4-5 comments ago, I don’t really care I was just explaining to breaded Virus what they were trying to say. Although if I was a gambling man I would throw down 20k on consoles outselling pc. Think Vegas has an over under on it?
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 pm I reckon console vs pc % will definitely increase in the next game. I am quite sure it increased going from 17-19 and now we have shiny, new, more powerful consoles for the consolers so there will be more of them coming. Prepare for more discussions about slots.
Market is also getting shiny new more powerful pc guts. 3080 is said to be on par with a 2080ti, a 500 dollar msrp (good luck finding that) compared to 1200 dollar msrp.

As it is seems like every month there are one or two players who feel the need to announce to the world they are forgetting about console and going to pc. I doubt someone who spent a thousand dollars or more on a pc set up will give that up after a few months just for a new gen console.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm Because the console percentage would increase
It will be about the same. There has been an increase in console players switching to the PC version of the game over the last year, but no matter what platform you play on the game will be the same apart from the mods. *thumbsup*
Yes but there will be people like me who will buy it for console for my kids but won’t buy the pc version because I won’t play without seasons. I will wait for the mods to catch up I really don’t want to go backwards on functionality. If it’s like 17 to 19, it felt empty firing up 19 the first time.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Yes, thx for the clarity... I meant the percentage of console sales potentially will be greater than what we have seen so far. And a good indication of that is the delayed release of the next FS version due to the upcoming launches of the next generation of home consoles—the PS5 and Xbox Series X. That's official, not my words.
FS17 had greater PC sales, the majority of those were bought physically. Whereas with FS19, 40% of the PC sales(45%) were bought physically.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'd love to know where people are getting these figures from.