Rancher Map Ideas

SimpleFarmer

Rancher Map Ideas

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I am developing an idea/map for ranching, like the kind done in the western US, where cows kind of live out in the middle of nowhere and ranchers go out there and take care of them (I think that's how it works anyway).
I've never ranched a day in my life, but I sometimes see ranchers out in the middle of nowhere when I'm hunting looking for cows or re-filling water troughs I think. I thought it would be cool to make a savegame where this is the idea. Hopefully there's some people here that can add to my idea as I develop it.
So far I am re-doing Washoe, NV, in GE, and will be getting rid of almost all the fields, except for the grass field and maybe make a few others more organic looking. I'll also be adding a lot more brush and making rockier roads. Normally where I see these ranchers, like in CO, or South ID, there isn't very many fields. Or most are alfalfa maybe.
I know of one free range cattle pasture on modhub but I'll be looking for this kind of thing as I go. I'll also have horses to find the cows with. Hopefully the grass that grows out there will feed the cows like in real life, but I think the ranchers bring hay out there too sometimes, idk.
The starting set up will probably not have a harvester or seeder, will have a front loader on a tractor to carry bales around, and the big western looking truck with a sleeper on it with the Wilson cattle trailer.
Pretty excited to build this and any ideas are welcome.
chedly_farms

Re: Rancher Map Ideas

Post by chedly_farms »

I like the idea of a Wyoming Cattle ranch map and to me that sounds cool. It would mainly be just grass/hay/alfalfa. But it would be uinique enough, for a change of pace in game play.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 am I am developing an idea/map for ranching, like the kind done in the western US, where cows kind of live out in the middle of nowhere and ranchers go out there and take care of them (I think that's how it works anyway).
I've never ranched a day in my life, but I sometimes see ranchers out in the middle of nowhere when I'm hunting looking for cows or re-filling water troughs I think. I thought it would be cool to make a savegame where this is the idea. Hopefully there's some people here that can add to my idea as I develop it.
So far I am re-doing Washoe, NV, in GE, and will be getting rid of almost all the fields, except for the grass field and maybe make a few others more organic looking. I'll also be adding a lot more brush and making rockier roads. Normally where I see these ranchers, like in CO, or South ID, there isn't very many fields. Or most are alfalfa maybe.
I know of one free range cattle pasture on modhub but I'll be looking for this kind of thing as I go. I'll also have horses to find the cows with. Hopefully the grass that grows out there will feed the cows like in real life, but I think the ranchers bring hay out there too sometimes, idk.
The starting set up will probably not have a harvester or seeder, will have a front loader on a tractor to carry bales around, and the big western looking truck with a sleeper on it with the Wilson cattle trailer.
Pretty excited to build this and any ideas are welcome.
SimpleFarmer,

Just going to say to nice idea, if your going to release it this you will need permission from ALiEN JiM for the use of the assets.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Missyb wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm
SimpleFarmer,

Just going to say to nice idea, if your going to release it this you will need permission from ALiEN JiM for the use of the assets.
I'm not releasing it, just more throwing the idea of it out there :)
It will probably only take me an hour to redo the map, which anybody could really do if they like this idea.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:13 pm I like the idea of a Wyoming Cattle ranch map and to me that sounds cool. It would mainly be just grass/hay/alfalfa. But it would be uinique enough, for a change of pace in game play.
For sure, I have a few arable type farming savegames already, it would be cool to just pop into this one every so often and ride out to check on some cows :) maybe construct a barb wire fence who knows
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I would love that! My current save is mostly cows. I'm feeding them hay and grass silage (although chopping corn this fall...)

A Wyoming/Montana/Colorado based cattle ranch would be amazing.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!