AI doing strange things....

spincast1123

AI doing strange things....

Post by spincast1123 »

I recently used a couple of workers to harvest Cotton... in Felsbrunn... PS4.... in the top fields... I have combined the two west of the saw mill and since cotton picking is tedious I hired a worker to clear those fields. I went about other chores and then got a message that the worker was blocked by an object... I popped over and found the machine over the edge ... lodged against a boulder and unable to move.... Since there was more than 75% of a bale I wanted to save it for the payment. I used my big red CI to push the harvester over the boulder and back onto the field.... Yes, I know that isn't possible in real life, but since there aren't chains available I did what I did... My question is why did the duffus drive over the edge.... or is the term AI used loosely? There were other places that the same thing could have happened but didn't.... Just wondering. :shock:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
YWFMS2351

Re: AI doing strange things....

Post by YWFMS2351 »

The AI is notoriously wack. Console doesn't have courseplay unfortunately which is a huge improvement but even then, sometimes courseplay does some wack maneuvers as well.
PC
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

You made the mistake of thinking AI stood for artificial intelligence, when in this game it's artificial imbecile.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Making headlands help a lot.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

The worst part is I DID make headlands.... 4 passes at each end and 2 on the side... Have to agree with Imbecile..or *$#%§*. I don't think a worker could find a corner in a square field... Glad it isn't me that has that problem.. :lol:
playing on PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

The workers have been incomplete and unreliable since day one (over a decade). If you're new to the series, you'll have to get used to the way the devs start a feature, but don't really finish it before moving on to the next one they won't finish.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 am The workers have been incomplete and unreliable since day one (over a decade). If you're new to the series, you'll have to get used to the way the devs start a feature, but don't really finish it before moving on to the next one they won't finish.
I wish they were like apple.....
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Hoffa82 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 pm You made the mistake of thinking AI stood for artificial intelligence, when in this game it's artificial imbecile.
I think they prefer Automated Id10t.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Yes, that would be the obvious word for it, I just wanted to be a bit more diplomatic.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

well, even if it's artificial inteligense, that doesn't mean it's modelled afther hawkins.... Might just aswell be Dopey Joe ;)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

AI = Another Incomplete. Most people have come to grips with it.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

i have a collection of pictures of them acting stupid
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
raran

Post by raran »

Hired workers are pretty much on par with real life employees so in that sense it's pretty much spot on.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

Having been an employee...for many farmers I know that any person who does dumb stuff with the equipment or in field doesn't keep their jobs... nor do they easily find work for someone else. Realistically it takes time to develop a trust with the farming community and Farmers can be stubborn when it comes to hiring because of costs associated with doing the work... Once you have a reputation calls come in and work is available, I just got 3 days of chopping silage for a man and will be doing a final cutting for another in a couple of days.
So, Yes, there are some goofs that get a job, but they don't last long. Break equipment... there's the door. Oh, Yes Farmers do realize that accidents occur and equipment breaks, but if you do it because of negligence....Bye Bye.... :neutralnew:
playing on PS4