Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

this_is_gav

Re: Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Post by this_is_gav »

I really don't understand this mentality of dedicating so much time looking for mods. Stick to a few modder's sites and/or news sources and leave it at that. Where is the need to download dozens of mods then wading through them all to check for errors and quality? How many mods would you actually use from that anyway?

Just because PCs allow you have all the mods doesn't mean you should have all the mods. Be selective and enjoy the game more.
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there
well console for playing the game on a big tv (ie i can put my feet up (recliner sofa) with a takeaway and beer.

pc for editing and messing with maps
FS19_WestbridgeHills on modhud

and my edit of WestbridgeHills im messing a round with (same spot on map)

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am I really don't understand this mentality of dedicating so much time looking for mods. Stick to a few modder's sites and/or news sources and leave it at that. Where is the need to download dozens of mods then wading through them all to check for errors and quality? How many mods would you actually use from that anyway?

Just because PCs allow you have all the mods doesn't mean you should have all the mods. Be selective and enjoy the game more.
For me it's mostly when I'm looking for something specific: e.g. I want old, battered kit to start up or run on a shoestring -- but even then I tend to scrap the half of them.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Console players have the choice to buy a Season Pass. I don't know if that is a benefit or not because I haven't calculated the cost of all DLC vs Season Pass.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am I really don't understand this mentality of dedicating so much time looking for mods. Stick to a few modder's sites and/or news sources and leave it at that. Where is the need to download dozens of mods then wading through them all to check for errors and quality? How many mods would you actually use from that anyway?

Some people have some OCD tendencies, and they always find them selves on the “hunt”. The “I need this and gotta have it” mentality. Even if they never actually need it. If that makes any sense. The idea of the grass is always greener on the other side, haunts me day and night at times.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Macce

Post by Macce »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm Some people have some OCD tendencies, and they always find them selves on the “hunt”. The “I need this and gotta have it” mentality. Even if they never actually need it. If that makes any sense. The idea of the grass is always greener on the other side, haunts me day and night at times.
This is so true and gotta admit that I'm at least partially guilty for said traits 😝

There's always 'something small' missing on a specific mod and I try to find a 'better' one even thou the old one is just fine. Just being greedy I reckon 😂
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I am kind of new to the game. My nephew and step son play PC and enjoy the heck out of it... LOTS of mods and other "Fun" things offered. Me, old fart, play PS4. I realize the limits of it, still put in too many hours playing, and my Wife says "NO way" to putting the game on the PC...Happy wife, happy life....
My nephew was the one who got me hooked on the game, and since the Covid stuff has stopped me from doing much else... I farm and do things I would never do while working for a real farmer... driving across a field of straw with my Semi.... Flying across a field at 32 MPH... and doing things that would get me tossed if I did in real life.... The lack of Mods and other creature comforts on a Counsel are a small thing... but the game has fantastic graphics and gorgeous machines, so when all is said and done... I'll stick to my PS4 until the PS5 comes out... or when my wife allows me to get the next gen PS... :mrgreen:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 pm Console players have the choice to buy a Season Pass. I don't know if that is a benefit or not because I haven't calculated the cost of all DLC vs Season Pass.
There was a premium version released recently on steam. It is basically identical to season pass, it was on offer too so I got the game and all DLC for a smidgeon under €33.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Slot count. The limit helps keep things in check. We don't have to worry about having so many bales and equipment and trees on the screen our "unit" shuts itself off or lets out that magic smoke.
Console also takes up less physical room. More room, larger tv.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Slot count is annoying on console. Also my pc doesn't take up anymore room than my Xbox one. They use the same TV and are played the same way, so that argument doesn't really work.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.