Seasons difficulty

Honkyfarmer

Seasons difficulty

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Was wondering how many people play on easy medium or hard difficulty. I keep teetering around with maps and seasons Versus no seasons. After my last no go..... I am now 100% committed to Lone Oak. It is going to take a very strong showing from another map to get me to change my mind. My 2nd issue seasons versus No seasons has been settled I am sticking with seasons. I have figured out work arounds for my little issues with seasons. My last main sticking point is difficulty of the economy. I do not have time in my life for the long grind and playing Multiple years in a few days or a week. I want to turn on easy economic difficulty to make money fast to start but I am afraid that I will just be flush with money within a few seasons which will take away the point of working. Was wondering what difficulty you play and how many years it takes to basically be able to buy anything you could possibly want.
TobiHH

Re: Seasons difficulty

Post by TobiHH »

You can change the economics difficulty whenever you like in the ingame settings.
So maybe you can sstart on easy for the first 2-3 years to get everything going and change it afterwards to medium or hard to slow down the progress.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

True I guess I just always looked at it as setting it up from beginning and leaving it. Which setting makes it so that animals will not die as that under the economic screen or is that at the beginning of the game when you choose new farmer, farm manager ? I have even kicked around the idea of starting the 1st season on easy to make some cash and then get some dice and if I roll 1 through 4 that is easy difficulty 5 through 8 medium 9 through 12 hard
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I play with the economy on easy. There's no difference in game play, it's just how many in-game years you want to grind before you can afford a new field or something. Easy economy lets me see some actual progress faster. But everything else is the same as far as I know.

The other way you could play is use a money cheat and set up your farm the way you want it, then start the game with seasons on whatever difficulty and go from there.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I will go normal or easy. I do that so I can try more maps. I don't get many hours to pay a week maybe 5 on a good week.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I need to find a balance of a small grind. I can get 1 to 2 hrs a night in and on 9 day seasons at 15x that's about as long as I can drag things out and not get bored.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I’ve learned on here that so many people play this game so differently and have Way different tolerances. I myself loved the original game even after seasons came out, but I really wanted to see the seasonal change so I switched to seasons. I liked seasons but would keep losing my crop because I play on 3 day seasons and don’t even have a small amount of patience to play any longer. After some time I was so frustrated that I had to try something different. Then I found the simplified USA geo. For the past 200 hours of game time on this I’ve been using this on normal and I don’t ever see myself switching again. I can double crop and enjoy what I love doing most - farming the fields while the seasons change with me.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 pm I’ve learned on here that so many people play this game so differently and have Way different tolerances. I myself loved the original game even after seasons came out, but I really wanted to see the seasonal change so I switched to seasons. I liked seasons but would keep losing my crop because I play on 3 day seasons and don’t even have a small amount of patience to play any longer. After some time I was so frustrated that I had to try something different. Then I found the simplified USA geo. For the past 200 hours of game time on this I’ve been using this on normal and I don’t ever see myself switching again. I can double crop and enjoy what I love doing most - farming the fields while the seasons change with me.
Very true everyone plays different . My inquiry mostly had to do with $ and how to not ruin my experience making it too quickly. Also I do not do contracts....maybe I should start doing to make more money faster instead of jumping to easy economy. My 8yr old son wants to play using seasons but he is not very diligent on following the pace of an actual season. I should try the simplified geo for him. Do you still get snow on that? He really wants to have snow lol. I am hooked on the Amish /lancaster PA geo for myself. Rain and snow with no canola cotton or sugarcane
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

It’s snowed 1 time in those 200 hours. So it’s not very likely. I’d recommend the simplified Europe one, but it’s harder to double crop on it. The snow is very deep In The winter. You could always turn precipitation off on it though. Just didn’t feel right harvesting in the snow
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:32 pm It’s snowed 1 time in those 200 hours. So it’s not very likely. I’d recommend the simplified Europe one, but it’s harder to double crop on it. The snow is very deep In The winter. You could always turn precipitation off on it though. Just didn’t feel right harvesting in the snow
10-4. He uses money cheat anyway so what's it matter if he kills off some corn lol
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:32 pm It’s snowed 1 time in those 200 hours. So it’s not very likely. I’d recommend the simplified Europe one, but it’s harder to double crop on it. The snow is very deep In The winter. You could always turn precipitation off on it though. Just didn’t feel right harvesting in the snow
We do sometimes in real life as long as it isn’t to deep.
Conman1356

Seasons problems on console

Post by Conman1356 »

Has anyone had issues with seasons as of late on console not changing ground temperature and not advancing the day (early, mid, late spring/summer etc.) At midnight or just after midnight Recently?
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

for me lone oak is great but i do not play it the file size is just too big ...
5ka5

Post by 5ka5 »

Mwal wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 pm
We do sometimes in real life as long as it isn’t to deep.
That's pretty interesting. As someone who doesn't know that much about actual farming I would love to see a video of that process.
How do you handle the wet crops after harvesting them?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Put it in a dryer.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.