FS22 Rennebu WIP

olahaldor

FS22 Rennebu WIP

Post by olahaldor »

I'm making a map of where I grew up. The landscape is dramatic and will provide for interesting challenges. With plenty of fields and forests to keep you busy for countless hours, in the valley of Rennebu in Norway.

It's made in real world scale, driving from end to end is equal to the time it takes in real life. The boundaries are 8x8 KM.
Some adjustments have been made for better gameplay experience, such as merging fields, increasing the size of some of the farms, and adding or adjusting access roads.

All gameplay mechanics are working; field work, forestry and sales points. What’s missing is assets. Loads of them. Farms, decorative buildings, functional buildings, road signs, bridges etc.. that’s where my (limited) time is spent now.

I have no ETA, but with only me doing assets it'll take some time. :biggrin2:
Hope you like what you see.

edit: updated the thread title
Last edited by olahaldor on Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YWFMS2351

Re: [Video] Rennebu map WIP presentation

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Pretty sweet video. Looks like a good map
PC
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thanks! :)
I hope it meets expectations when it's out. :)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

That is an incredible looking map so far. Take your time, but please finish it before we all die.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Looking good! Good luck with the creation neighbour, we do need more scandinavian maps, they are rare *thumbsup*
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thank you both of you! :)
Haha FarmBoss I’ll do my best!

Current status is I need to create a lot of assets for unique buildings, farm buildings, and modules that can be used over and over again.

I will also need to complete one selling station and a couple of bridges.

Fields are done, only minor adjustments if I see it’s required as I continue my work to add foliage and trees.

As of now there’s about 20-25K trees on the map. In theory All of them can be cut. And I’m not even done placing them... not all can be cut though as many of them won’t be on buyable land.

While the map may look pretty, it’s made for those who want a challenge. The fields aren’t simply squares that you can put a worker on. You need to do some manual effort, or be smart about Course Play. :) And hopefully it will be a fun map in multiplayer.

One little fun fact; They used my Rennebu map for this Valtra video!

reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Looks great olahaldor.

Good that you making new aspects. It is what will bring a real Norwegian character to the map I think. In addition to the terrain naturally.

I've driven through this beautiful valley many times and look forward to seeing more of your progress. Keep up the good work.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Looks great. What do you plan releasing it on? All platforms or just pc?
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Wow! Not often I see someone online know the area, reallogger! Even more fun to make something you’re familiar with then :)

sittinhere Mainly PC. Not sure whether a console will run it because of tons of trees. Or perhaps a “light” version could be made. I’m far too newbie in this part of map making to decide or know how it will run on various platforms. :)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

What a gorgeous map, console will likely not be able to get this map because of the size. A standard giants map is 2km X 2km, and giants haven't figured out how to get a bigger map onto consoles.

I also loved the video, it is easily at the same level of an official giants video, if not above. The choice of music along with the tone of the dialogue make it easy to hear everything yet still wonderful to listen too, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. The drone footage of the irl landscape is really well done, nice and stable, and well edited. The transition between irl and ingame is also done well. Ingame footage was well shot and I can tell a good bit of thought was put into editing it all together. This is one of, if not, the best mod reveal trailers I have ever seen.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thank you so much for your experience of watching the video! Truly, truly warming and inspiring to read! :)
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thought I'd just share what I'm currently working on. This is a point cloud of Voll which is where you'll find many farms, fields, a church and graveyard, one of the three bridges on the map, the furniture woodworking factory and grocery store.

The latter two will be where you can sell lumber and wood chips, wool, eggs and possibly a couple other things. You will also access one of the lumber sites from here.

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Kind of off topic but how high do the rivers get irl? Does it ever get high enough to flood part of the land?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Yes. Several places during the spring, it will most likely, not always, flood a few fields.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Will the land next to the river be very expensive and give you additional income during summer? ;)