FS22 Rennebu WIP

JohnDeere77

Re: [Video] Rennebu map WIP presentation

Post by JohnDeere77 »

How do u plan to make this map, regarding building your own farm? Buyable buildings like the placeables ingame?

And no pressure, but if u look in to the crystal ball, do u have any clue when the map will be finished?

57sec into the latest video, will this equipment be available? Authentic norwegian wagon and forhauster :-D
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Building your own farm would be either
a) buy farmland where there is a pre-built farm with buildings placed and looking as they do in real life
b) buy farmland where there are no buildings (as per my own choice of design to leave a real life farm or area unbuilt)
c) buy farmland anywhere and go!

All buildings I create will be possible to buy and use either as farmhouse (with sleep trigger), shed (with or without doors and gates and lights, depending on the original irl), barns with cows, sheep and pigs, some farms will have pastures too.

My crystal ball is quite unclear, I cannot see exactly what the writing says. :)

The 'forhøster' will not be part of the map but will likely appear on modhub for fs22 at some point. :)
NorwayFarming

Post by NorwayFarming »

Hey olahaldor!

What do you think of FS22 and how is your awesome looking map going?
Keep up the nice work man!
Only a couple of days left for 22 now :D
Playing on PC
G29 steering wheel and pedals
Logitech Side Panel
2x Thrustmaster TM 16000 for logging
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

NorwayFarming wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 pm Hey olahaldor!
The fact FS22 is releasing soon means, I soon get to take the project to the next level; make the map work in 22. It does not mean the map releases for a while though :)
NorwayFarming

Post by NorwayFarming »

Thats cool to hear man! Hope the new editor isnt to hard to figure out of for you modders👍🏻 Will be cool to see what you can do with it😀 anyway happy modding/farming 🚜😀
Playing on PC
G29 steering wheel and pedals
Logitech Side Panel
2x Thrustmaster TM 16000 for logging
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Which crop will be possible to grow in Rennebu? I guess its a lot of dairyfarms around there, but other than that maybe potatoes and oats?
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Grass, and different grain types. I won't remove the option to grow anything you like though but it's not optimal from a climate point of view.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Just saw the photos on FS22 Rennebu WIP on facebook. Amazing stuff u make!
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Looks fantastic!!! Nice to see you releasing stuff for FS22. Tell Snakeman I say hi :)
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
humbe

Post by humbe »

Just wanted to add my two cents that I'm really looking forward to this map being released, though it sounds like it could be some time down the road. A valley with fields along the river and up into the mountainsides where possible, very much sounds like Gudbrandsdalen which is close to me here ;)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I saw the newest post on FB. Very nice! And for those who hasnt seen it, he has added a few new pics and some info. https://www.facebook.com/farmingsimrennebu/

Maybe you should open a paypal so those who want to contribute can do so. Or Vipps in Norway
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Hey humbe and JohnDeere77, thanks :)
I'm more active on streaming these days. Seems to be a very nice way to connect and talk while I model or mod. :)
I'm not going to push people to donate, but if there's a strong will for it, there is a link on my twitch to donate through StreamElements. :)

I don't have any release date yet, but I should push a video soon to tackle a lot of FAQ that is pouring in on YouTube, Twitch, Discord, Facebook and more.. :search:
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Looks amazing...and I'm beyond jealous you get to grow up in such beautiful place. I will keep an eye on this map for sure.

Thank you for your dedication!
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

A tiny update. :)
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Sad news everyone..

TLDR;
Basically, this puts further development of Rennebu to a complete stop. For now. I have lost access to my reference photos, drone footage, 3D scans, 3D models, textures, documents... Everything.

More than 2,5 years of work on this project alone, several TB worth of personal documents, photos and videos of my family, and video tutorials and courses I've purchased over the years... Poof.. Like smoke in the air.
A few days ago I got attacked by hackers. My NAS was their goal. My NAS, and everyone else in the world who has the same brand as I, Asustor. For anyone interested to read up on it, it's called Deadbolt. (You can read about it here)

QNAP was struck in January, Asustor this time, who knows who's next.

They have encrypted my files and demand me to pay close to $1200 to unlock my files.
I have contacted a company who specialize in retrieving data from broken drives and malware/ransomware. We'll see what they say and if they're willing to have a look.

Luckily their office is not so far away so I think I can drive to them and hand it over personally. I don't trust anyone, not even a well known carrier at this stage to take it for me.

Asustor sent an email this morning with instructions on how to get back into the NAS Admin panel. They also have instructions on how to transfer backups.. good. Except my NAS was my backup.
In the instructions they also write a "if you got deadbolt" pay up and decrypt. I feel it's so unfair. Their software allowed this to happen. Sigh..

So my hope is now that the company can do some magic and that it won't cost as much as the ransom is. In any case I might have to set up a "go fund me". I simply don't have this amount of cash just piling up. I'm desperate.

I really wish I could get some piece, and focus on the map now. Since November there's been several periods of sickness, either me or my kids, covid and the struggles after, and now this data loss.
I can't express enough how much I want this map to be done, perfected, published, in your hands to play and enjoy. It would be a stress relief both for my wife and I.

I hope I have better news the next time you hear from me!