FS22 Rennebu WIP

Orange Tiger NL

Re: [Video] Rennebu map WIP presentation

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

olahaldor wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:45 am Refreshed a forestry area at Voll with some more details and finally found a good spot for the birch trees from Holmåkra :biggrin2:

I was watching the Lock Nutz early map access, and in the meantime going through Rennebu on Google maps, and WOW! I need to save up for a game pc! This is truly amazing! It's a real life copy! I thought only OxygenDavid could pull this off, but man! You are doing an amazing job!
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

You will need a pc to play it and a pretty powerful one at that as its a 16x to my understanding.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thank you! :)
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:14 am I was watching the Lock Nutz early map access, and in the meantime going through Rennebu on Google maps, and WOW! I need to save up for a game pc! This is truly amazing! It's a real life copy!
I have finally taken the step outside the playable area and made *a lot* of extended terrain to make it even more immersive. :) The playable map now belongs somewhere.

People have also asked me what it looks like in winter, so here's that!
I have also enabled a lot of land to be bought up in the north east mountain, as seen in some of the screenshots below. :)

Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Oooh😍😍😍 I love it! Looks amazing! You gonna make me buy a pc without having money for it! Hahaha
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Hi, from what I understand there is a buildingspack that will follow the release of the map.

But there is some mods in the pictures that I would like to use, will u release some of them to or is that something that u found on different mods-sites?

I.e:
The slurryspreader on the fb-page released 12.5
The Fiatagri shown in several pictures
The "forhauster" shown 01.07.2021
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The Serigstad "forhøster" (forarge harvester) is not mine, it has been converted to fs22 by someone but is riddled with errors. It's only for show for now. I don't know what the origin is. It's sort of a mod that has been passed around since FS15 or so.

The mod has some inaccuracies, so I have a wish to make a new one.

The Fiat is on modhub: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

The Reime slurry spreader is made by Makkus and has been submitted to modhub, hopefully it will release soon :)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Tx! I didnt know the brand (Serigstad), and then its even harder to find:-)
But some googling I found a similar one thats named Kir 1,5. if it works its better than nothing
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
ProfessorRekyl

Post by ProfessorRekyl »

Just gorgeous! I am not going to play FS22 until I can spend my time on this beautiful map :mrgreen:
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I see what I want to see. 🤣 I just realized consoles can’t handle this map. I saw that post, but I do believe I was in denial. I really need to sneak a PC in here!
Last edited by SimulatedFarmer on Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
humbe

Post by humbe »

olahaldor wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:45 am Refreshed a forestry area at Voll with some more details and finally found a good spot for the birch trees from Holmåkra :biggrin2:
This image just looks totally amazing.. I see so many maps where I see patterns repeating, but this looks authentic..
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:07 pm I see what I want to see. 🤣 I just realized consoles can’t handle this map. I saw that post, but I do believe I was in denial. I really need to sneak a PC in here!
Well, it have been on the consoles testing list......
So who knows.

Not saying it'll get out to consoles, but you can't fault them for trying.

And Giants have said that they ha e no problem with testing bigger maps for consoles, and will release them if they work
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
humbe

Post by humbe »

Noraf wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:37 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:07 pm I see what I want to see. 🤣 I just realized consoles can’t handle this map. I saw that post, but I do believe I was in denial. I really need to sneak a PC in here!
Well, it have been on the consoles testing list......
So who knows.

Not saying it'll get out to consoles, but you can't fault them for trying.

And Giants have said that they ha e no problem with testing bigger maps for consoles, and will release them if they work
Also, Rennebu is a valley.. Even though the map square might be big, the playable area might be limited unless he opens up all of the mountains surrounding it.. I dunno how stuff works, but maybe not that much heavier on the console, if the actual playable area isn't that much bigger..
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I have my fingers crossed…and my eyes and…
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

For your reference regarding size. :)
I've used this example before; the area the square covers is mostly forests only And that's just a small chunk of forest you can harvest.

You can buy most of the map. I have had numerous questions whether you can go buy the land up to the east/north east. I've answered to the requests; yes, you can. But it's all very rough, so be prepared to spend a lot of time to fix the land if you plan to settle and farm up there (which would be completely unrealistic, but hey, it's a game. :) )