UMRV 2.1 questions

Franz Bulldog

UMRV 2.1 questions

Post by Franz Bulldog »

hi,
I'm relatively new to FS and still trying to figure things out
anybody here on 'Upper Miss. River Valley'? I have three questions regarding UMRV 2.1 (seasons) where I started to farm recently

1) WET CORN
it's the grain maize, not the forage maize it seems
do you use it/is it worth it? the dryer you need for the corn is very expensive ;-)

2) BALES
where do you sell the bales? nobody is offering money for straw-bales on the sellpoint-scheme
I put a mod-sellpoint-barn on the map which works but that's not what it is meant to be I guess... what did I miss?

3) MISSIONS
last evening I was on my first grain-mission: delivering wheat to McGregor Enterprise
but I can't unload! I'm standing right on the tipple (right under the flashing McGregor Enterprise-symbol on the map), I move forward and back, but it doesn't work
I tried a truck and a tractor with trailer: both unsuccessful... unloading the same wheat at Pioneer Grain across the street is possible (still have to find out if another mission with another sellpoint than McGregor Enterprise would work or if it's just this sellpoint... or maybe it's the multiplemissions mod?)

greetings from the Lower Rhine and thanks for any tips!
Mod-Übersetzungs-Fundstück:
"Ich habe hier ein kleines Skript für Sie, mit dem der Schwad für Vergewaltigungen aktiviert werden kann. Das Stroh, das aus der Dreschmaschine kommt, unterscheidet sich nicht von Weizenstroh! So können Sie es wie gewohnt einsammeln, drücken oder damit Ihre Tiere verunreinigen. Mehr gibt es eigentlich nicht zu sagen."
FarmCatJenkins

Re: UMRV 2.1 questions

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Franz Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am 2) BALES
where do you sell the bales? nobody is offering money for straw-bales on the sellpoint-scheme
I put a mod-sellpoint-barn on the map which works but that's not what it is meant to be I guess... what did I miss?
Not sure if I can help you with everything, but if you're playing with Seasons on the price screen will show 0 for straw and hay because it's showing you the price for loose material, which in this case loose straw and hay are useless. You will still get paid for the bales where it's shown you can sell hay and straw. If you open the Seasons menu and go to the Economy tab, you can find straw and hay bales in there and this will give you a general idea of the price you will make on bales.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Franz Bulldog

Post by Franz Bulldog »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:08 pm
Franz Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am 2) BALES
Not sure if I can help you with everything, but if you're playing with Seasons on the price screen will show 0 for straw and hay because it's showing you the price for loose material, which in this case loose straw and hay are useless. You will still get paid for the bales where it's shown you can sell hay and straw. If you open the Seasons menu and go to the Economy tab, you can find straw and hay bales in there and this will give you a general idea of the price you will make on bales.
thanks FarmCat, sounds like good advice to me!
it's my first try with seasons: I knew that I cannot sell loose straw but I didn't know about the global "0" on the price screen
I'll check it out this evening...
"Ich habe hier ein kleines Skript für Sie, mit dem der Schwad für Vergewaltigungen aktiviert werden kann. Das Stroh, das aus der Dreschmaschine kommt, unterscheidet sich nicht von Weizenstroh! So können Sie es wie gewohnt einsammeln, drücken oder damit Ihre Tiere verunreinigen. Mehr gibt es eigentlich nicht zu sagen."
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

From the Realismus Modding manual:

The prices of some produce, which normally would not be sold by a farm, have been reduced to 0. This currently includes grass, hay and straw that hasn’t been baled and also grass bales. Hay, silage and straw bales can be sold as usual.
Franz Bulldog

Post by Franz Bulldog »

TobiHH wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:32 pm From the Realismus Modding manual:

The prices of some produce, which normally would not be sold by a farm, have been reduced to 0. This currently includes grass, hay and straw that hasn’t been baled and also grass bales. Hay, silage and straw bales can be sold as usual.
right, loose straw is showing '0'
what irritated me was another thing: no offers to buy at all under the bale-symbol on the right of the loose straw-symbol, thought it was showing '0' too
but I just checked: it's showing no entry at all no matter what potential sellpoint (at least on this map)
thought it would be needless to just try it but it's like FarmCat Jenkins wrote: one took the bales some minutes ago despite of the lacking entry at the price screen...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Unfortunately the sell screen does not cater for separate bale vs loose prices, but we could not allow the travesty of selling loose straw to continue. Sorry
Franz Bulldog

Post by Franz Bulldog »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:54 pm Unfortunately the sell screen does not cater for separate bale vs loose prices, but we could not allow the travesty of selling loose straw to continue. Sorry
a) I'm still learning and I'm on my own (well except for this forum currently): usually I have to figure out if it's the game, a mod (or several of them), shortcomings of documentation, my drowsiness (at the moment I only have a tiny timeframe at the end of the day for FS) OR just akward thinking on my side (most of the time it's the latter ;-)
b) you did the hell of a job with SEASONS! although i'm in my first season and haven't seen the snow fallen yet SEASONS adds a lot and is vital to me
c) selling loose straw always felt wrong to me when I started with FS19 and I'm not a farmer...
ergo: no need to say sorry at all, I have to say thanks for all of your efforts!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:54 pm Unfortunately the sell screen does not cater for separate bale vs loose prices, but we could not allow the travesty of selling loose straw to continue. Sorry
😂