Open opportunity for modders

FarmBoss

Re: Open opportunity for modders

Post by FarmBoss »

I don't see what the big deal is with this type of post. I don't want to believe that modders are impatient and angered by feedback.
If a suggested mod already existed, somebody could let the OP know where to find it. If the OP is afraid to offer ideas, suggestions or requests, he/she may never know the mod already exists.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It would be better to have a single "is there a xxx mod" thread into which this sort of opening post could be moved.

Should a similar mod exist fellow players can respond with links, modders who are looking for projects have a single thread to look through, and those who are triggered by such posts can just avoid it.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am ...... I guess to compare it to farm bosses analogy it’s not the one person suggesting you build the playground it’s every community in the state asking for one. Hey maybe you guys should start a non profit to ask for mods so at least these guys could get a tax write off.
I don't think modders are as grumpy as you think they are.
Posting on here and posting on a modders social media space is not the same.
Suggestions/requests here are like postings at an employment center.
I don't think modders come looking though this forum so they can find requests to get mad about.
I'm not trying to be mean to you Mwal, just sharing my opinion.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm It would be better to have a single "is there a xxx mod" thread into which this sort of opening post could be moved.

Should a similar mod exist fellow players can respond with links, modders who are looking for projects have a single thread to look through, and those who are triggered by such posts can just avoid it.
There is indeed such a single thread. Here it is

viewtopic.php?f=895&t=140731
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm
Mwal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 am ...... I guess to compare it to farm bosses analogy it’s not the one person suggesting you build the playground it’s every community in the state asking for one. Hey maybe you guys should start a non profit to ask for mods so at least these guys could get a tax write off.
I don't think modders come looking though this forum so they can find requests to get mad about.
I think you are right. Actually I think the majority of modders do not come to forums like this to look for requests at all and 99.9% of requests are just a waste of typing energy
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

theSeb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm
I think you are right. Actually I think the majority of modders do not come to forums like this to look for requests at all and 99.9% of requests are just a waste of typing energy
You're probably right, but I've see threads where the OP was told about similar existing mods, and in the end, made the OP happy.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Good point. Often that resolves the matter.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

theSeb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:49 pm Good to see all of the excellent examples of "politeness" in this thread.
Wanted to give this a 👍 to badly not to...
PC gamer.
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

Thanks for all the replies if anyone know of any other compact tractor mower such as the John Deere 3 series or Kabota style. Even possible a mini excavator kind of thing please point me in that direction. Also again I ask does anyone know of a good youtube tutorial on making mods then I'll never ask for anything again and all will be happy
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Kubota isn't licensed for console, but otherwise I don't see a problem. Giants have a few tutorials. Also this is a book called modding for dummies, and shywizard has some. Mrg has tutorials on mapping.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
NitroJ-300

Post by NitroJ-300 »

I'm watching MRG mapping one he his doing a great job with it . Most of the others I have watched are ( for me anyways ) hard to follow. And this isn't a bash on modders I know they are busy and doing tutorial are not high on their list of things to do. Is this book available on Amazon? As for console I know there are issues with licensing etc but even s no name brand that looks like it would be fine I play on both so no worries
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yea i have been messing to watch mrg. I haven't looked, giants mentioned it at farmcon.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm Kubota isn't licensed for console, but otherwise I don't see a problem. Giants have a few tutorials. Also this is a book called modding for dummies, and shywizard has some. Mrg has tutorials on mapping.
It's an interesting thing with Kubota.... Kverneland is in the game. Vicon is in the game. Kverneland owns Vicon. Can you guess who owns Kverneland since 2012? If you said Kubota, then you get a gold star. I was fully expecting to see a Kubota DLC for 19 and I am still surprised that there hasn't been one.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

theSeb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:39 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm Kubota isn't licensed for console, but otherwise I don't see a problem. Giants have a few tutorials. Also this is a book called modding for dummies, and shywizard has some. Mrg has tutorials on mapping.
It's an interesting thing with Kubota.... Kverneland is in the game. Vicon is in the game. Kverneland owns Vicon. Can you guess who owns Kverneland since 2012? If you said Kubota, then you get a gold star. I was fully expecting to see a Kubota DLC for 19 and I am still surprised that there hasn't been one.
you never know, mite be one next time round...
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

theSeb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm
I actully do look at the fourms for idea's, not look in awhile as most you know am in the middle of doing a map
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding