Autodrive vs Courseplay

NotoriousWeber

Autodrive vs Courseplay

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Does anyone have a large plethora of knowledge on autodrive?

I'm fairly fluent in courseplay, but I'm wondering if auto drive has a better auger wagon set up? I keep trying with course play and I kind of have it, with an older version of the courseplay mod. It still invovles some intervention from me when it comes to the auger wagon offloading onto the semi. I know the newest version of courseplay has a better auger wagon mode..but i cannot get the semi to wait by the edge of the field. I have it in "crop transfer" mode or whatever it's called, but it will not wait. It just keeps driving in an endless loop.

Does Autodrive offer an auger wagon option? I'm looking to have an auger wagon find the combine, and when its full drive to a waiting semi at the end of the field, and then when the semi is full take it to my farm silo or a sell point or wherever.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
theSeb

Re: Autodrive vs Courseplay

Post by theSeb »

Unless I am missing something completely Autodrive does not have any sort of auger wagon options at all. It's mostly about setting up routes to "auto drive" along them from point A to B, which you set up yourself. So you basically have to set up a almost like a railroad network and you can label destinations and then you can tell the vehicle to drive between those points. I guess you could make an auger wagon drive to the truck using autodrive but that's about it.

To change the topic completely... I am curious though how you have managed to get the current version of CP working with an auger wagon. I have been using CP since FS 2011 and I know it pretty well, yet I cannot figure out how to use the overload option in the current version. No matter what overloading wagon I have hooked up the option is greyed out?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Check out kerdek farms on YouTube. He did a tutorial on millenial farmers map. I haven't messed with it yet myself, so don't know if he was using a pervious version or not.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

theSeb wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:04 pm Unless I am missing something completely Autodrive does not have any sort of auger wagon options at all. It's mostly about setting up routes to "auto drive" along them from point A to B, which you set up yourself. So you basically have to set up a almost like a railroad network and you can label destinations and then you can tell the vehicle to drive between those points. I guess you could make an auger wagon drive to the truck using autodrive but that's about it.

To change the topic completely... I am curious though how you have managed to get the current version of CP working with an auger wagon. I have been using CP since FS 2011 and I know it pretty well, yet I cannot figure out how to use the overload option in the current version. No matter what overloading wagon I have hooked up the option is greyed out?
I never got it with the most current version of course play. I couldn't get the semi to stop driving so I was unable to set up a dumping point for the auger wagon. I set up the grain transfer route the same as I always have, but then I can't get it to wait to be full of crop. It just gets to the stopping point, rolls through it to the start, and runs the course again and again. I'm not entirley sure which version number my old version is, I'd have to check when I get home from work. RD Allen did a youtube video on it that has kind of a way around it, using the empty combi mode for the auger wagon using a "waiting point", and a grain transfer made for the semi or grain truck. It's with an older version of the mod, not the most current version.Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFq0tL8 ... J2&index=4

When I did put the new version of course play on, i was able to use the overload option. I'm using a modded grain cart..the brent avalanche 15XX or something like that...I can't recall. I believe JHHG made it but i could be wrong about that as well. I'm not on my home computer to be able to check.

I have never used auto drive so I did not know that it didn't have an auger wagon. I just know it's been touted as a more user friendly version of course play. Good to know! Thanks Seb!
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 pm Check out kerdek farms on YouTube. He did a tutorial on millenial farmers map. I haven't messed with it yet myself, so don't know if he was using a pervious version or not.
I can't find this youtube channel to save my life. Link?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

https://youtu.be/cuXUvqx7SJQ
This is one of his tutorial videos.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

This looks promising. Thank you for linking that!!!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Check out Iain Robson's videos as well. He has a series about Autodrive.

Back to CP. I have seen the same issue with the truck not stopping to load and I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what causes it. When I first set it up it was working fine. Since I could not get the overload to work I ended up driving the tractor with the auger wagon and the truck would wait for me at the edge of the field. Half way through the harvest that same truck just stopped working and would not stop. I didn't update CP or the truck so I have no idea what the hell is going on. Restarting the game would not help. That truck simply now has a mind of its own and refuses to stop at the loading point.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

So I've spent the better part of the last 2 nights trying different combinations of things to get it to work, switching between the most recent version of CP and the version I had already had in my mods folder.

It sure seems like we're running into some similar issues. One thing that was super weird that happend to me, is Monday night I was working on it and everything was going fine. Tuesday night I hopped in and was doing the same thing, same mods, same map, same save game, and courseplay started giving me LUA errors. It crashed my game once, which is what made me check my log. Then as I played I would check my log intermittently, and it was a literal stream of LUA errors related to courseplay.

So I got frusterated and gave up for the night. I'll try again tonight.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Oh yeah. CP is quite chatty these days, but the errors I see in the log file never cause crashes for me.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I had the one crash. I related it to the modded semi I was using. because that's what i was using when it crashed. I sold that and never had an issue as far as crashing goes for the rest of the night. The LUA errors continued though.

Oh well. it's a complicated mod, can't expect it to be perfect. I'm just glad it's an option. adds alot of realism when you can automate your grain cart and semi and you can just worry about harvesting or doing other tasks like a real farm works.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Seems to me if the start and stop point are to close together the truck never stops. As far as the grain cart goes I have had some success staging my grain cart in the middle of the headlands leaving the field, but on the field yet as the start point, then I make a sort of half moon course with an unload point in the middle, then I continue the half moon back to the headlands and once I’m on the field slightly I place the end point. I set the tractor to the combine and in combi unload mode. Then I set my semi along the unload point (by selecting the grain cart course I just made so I can see the point and cancel once in place) then I set up a grain haul course with start point being where I found the unload point and ta da it sorta worked. You have to do some fine tuning to get the take off amounts right so the truck doesn’t leave while the cart is still dumping but I had it going pretty well. I also thought they said they added support for a grain cart mode but I haven’t made it far enough through my season to get back to harvest to mess with it. I should also add the disclaimer that this was several versions of courseplay ago that I had the grain cart set up I described working.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Update tonight:

Now I can get the Semi to work fantastically, but I can't get the overloader to go to the combine. I can get it to run the unload course, but it won't find the combine. In the options I have it selected to search for the only combine on the field. The Debug says "waiting for combine to call". I request it, it just sits there.

So frusterating. I think I'm gonna try auto drive and see if I can rig something up. I have some ideas after watching a few youtube videos.
raran

Post by raran »

I use CP to do the fieldwork and AD combine mode to cart. Works as long as the field isn't too big.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:26 am Seems to me if the start and stop point are to close together the truck never stops.
Nah. That does not explain what I’ve seen. I never have them close together and it’s the same course. One day it works and the next day you load the course, make sure the mode is correct, click drive and it does not stop. Same vehicle and same course