Alpine Farming - Poll

Are you excited for the Alpine Farming?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:07 am

Yes
33%
No
20%
It would have been much better to have a different DLC (root crop, etc.) instead of something we already have in abundance
47%

Total votes: 116

Tylercheesey1986

Re: Alpine Farming - Poll

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Got season pass when I purchased so cost doesn't bother me.
I'm excited mainly for the beautiful map, a little worried about slot count though.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

3rd option for me. In my humble opinion, it's just some mods that you need to pay for to download.
There are 5 pages of mods on the hub from Giants, most of which are free.
People get pi** when modders try to charge for their mods.
If they want more of my money for 19, they'll need to add something new to the game.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RODHA wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:26 pm Aaaa ok. Now I understand what you mean.
That is quite true. But still, while there is root crop situation (lack of machinery, jobs, etc. on the root crops) additional grass equipment just doesn't feel right. And root crops is just an example. There is so much potential in the game (for example factories) but it is being wasted with the release of repeating stuff.
Well there seems to be new suspension animations, new tree and grass textures and new animations on some of the equipment.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've said before that I'm convinced that this DLC largely contains items which were due to be in the next game (perhaps the map too) and that the final DLC was expected to be Deutz-Fahr centric before COVID-19 ravaged any chance of a proper Farmcon 20, hence instead the postponed Deutz-Fahr Farmcon 21 in what we expect to be the lead into FS22 being released, which will probably have Deutz-Fahr as the lead brand (if there is a single lead).

I don't intend to buy this DLC myself, not because I don't like the content but because I don't think I'll use enough of it to make it worth the money.

But again, for those saying "we have mods of this already!", I don't think this content was originally intended to be DLC content, more replacement or additional equipment for the next version of the game.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

RODHA wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:07 am I'm just curious :hi:
I would sacrifice a month without playing FS19 (Ya thats HUGE for me) for a swan-neck slurry tank for the claas xerion. (Ya I know there is one, but its old convert and I dont like it one bit).

I saw a pic long ago from one of Silvernews vids, someone worked on a Samson SG serire, dont know who either.....but not to be seen again =(
A DLC with mix content would be great, I would like to see more headers for claas, 9m-10m, slurry booms 20m-25m and as mention, more rotcrop eqi.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

I'm mainly interested in the map.
But a by product is I'll be able to remove a rather large mod.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Nothing in this dlc I want at all...
PC gamer.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

The map is not like the other giants maps it’s more “real” and if I get it , it will be the only reason I will the other ... the push mower thing
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:36 pm ^ That's not what a DLC is for though.

Features like those are things that should either be in the base game or available as mods (GIANTS mods, or ones made available to all).

We've had crops added for example, not as part of the DLC, but as a game update accompanying the DLC. The DLC in question gave us equipment to plant and harvest those crops, but the crops themselves were available to everyone and there was nothing stopping a modder from creating non-DLC equipment to manage them.
but this isn't a DLC it's an Expansion Pack so new features could of been added if giant's so chose to do so of course but will say at least were getting a new map from them in an Expansion like we did in fs 17 with the south american map.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Could have. There is no "could of" in the English language.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Could’ve
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:14 pmCould’ve
Yes, Could've is a short version of "could have". The problem though in the UK is that "h" has become the most hated letter in alphabet. I don't know what this poor letter has done, but people don't go on holidays anymore. They now go on olidays. Spoken "could have" became "could ave" and now it's "could of" because somehow that is easier to say, apparently. The worst part is that it seems kids are not actually taught how to write in English in the UK anymore, so people do believe that "could of" is completely valid. Also I wish every teacher in the US and UK would spend an hour on Monday teaching kids about the over abuse of the word "literally" and what it really means.

I realise that this comes across as "old man shakes fist at cloud" type rant.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Excited about electric tractors and Bührer, also Alpine map seems nice.
Seems to bring some new features to game and i like quality of Giants maps.
Not excited about other equipment, we got almost similar things as mods.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I would be much happier with facelift of fs17 tbh.

Fs19 is just big dissapointment. No dlc will change that.

I dont know why are you so ignorant and stubborn with something that doesnt work.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Also I wish every teacher in the US and UK would spend an hour on Monday teaching kids about the over abuse of the word "literally" and what it really means.

I realise that this comes across as "old man shakes fist at cloud" type rant.
Do they say “basically” there too? That’s the one I hate. I hear literally quite a bit I suppose things like YouTube have made certain words as contagious as Covid. As a disclaimer I’m terrible as well I prefer coulda shoulda woulda haha.