Alpine Farming - Poll

Are you excited for the Alpine Farming?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:07 am

Yes
33%
No
20%
It would have been much better to have a different DLC (root crop, etc.) instead of something we already have in abundance
47%

Total votes: 116

RODHA

Alpine Farming - Poll

Post by RODHA »

I'm just curious :hi:
PS5 / FS22
nkstyle

Re: Alpine Farming - Poll

Post by nkstyle »

This should be on list:
Real physics for all machines, real ground response, gearbox, seasons etc. etc.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Unless there is something I'm missing, I see absolutely no reason to get this DLC. There isn't even some corner case equipment that interests me.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I want that walk-behind mower. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

It should be fun and different.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Fun... Sure. If you love grass work like me but different... How?
PS5 / FS22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

RODHA wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:08 pm Fun... Sure. If you love grass work like me but different... How?
Everything always presents a unique experience if you let it. Small scale dairy farming on some hillsides with the smallest equipment will be new for me in game.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Aaaa ok. Now I understand what you mean.
That is quite true. But still, while there is root crop situation (lack of machinery, jobs, etc. on the root crops) additional grass equipment just doesn't feel right. And root crops is just an example. There is so much potential in the game (for example factories) but it is being wasted with the release of repeating stuff.
PS5 / FS22
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

I'm not exactly excited about it, but I'm not bummed about it either. The map definitely sounds interesting, farming hillsides sounds fun. I will probably get the DLC but will wait till it goes on sale. I think the only DLC that could come out right now that I'd be truly excited about would be something like a Classic farming pack. U.S. map with old midwest barns/sheds and 50's-80's gear. I'm also interested in what Giants has planned with that John Deere partnership for brining more technology to the game.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Beautiful map and unique equipment (electric tractor, incline farming equipment, walk-behind mower).

I cannot wait another month for it.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Haven't followed this DLC much tbh as for how cool the electric equipment and small scale dairy farming is, I would prefer seeing some more new features added in. Things like nkstyle mentioned with new mechanics of improved ground response and gearboxes, etc. And grass equipment isn't new to the game as we've had 4 of the 10 DLCs for FS19 include grass equipment on some scale. Root crops and other specialty crops like what Black Eyes Modding is doing with grapes and almonds and olives seem to be the way to go
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

^ That's not what a DLC is for though.

Features like those are things that should either be in the base game or available as mods (GIANTS mods, or ones made available to all).

We've had crops added for example, not as part of the DLC, but as a game update accompanying the DLC. The DLC in question gave us equipment to plant and harvest those crops, but the crops themselves were available to everyone and there was nothing stopping a modder from creating non-DLC equipment to manage them.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Though, I do love smaller equipment. I like playing Start From Scratch or New Farmer (Selling all vehicles) and starting with a bank balance of $0 to $5,000, depending on how I am role playing it... then, starting very small and working my way up to the bigger stuff. But, going with this style of play... there is very little in the way of Root Crops, Sugarcane and or even Cotton.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I took the third option. It's not that I'm for or against the Alpine expansion, but I would much rather have seen more expansion on silo systems, and augers like ones that only hold one crop and require augers to fill from the top, portable drive over grain decks, grain vacs and even baggers or more field silo options. I know some, if not all of this stuff is on PC, but I was kinda hoping to see it come to console.

Que sera.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m not excited about it but I will buy it and try, mostly because I feel like giants is trending in the right direction so I will support them. I’m sure people are as pumped about this as I was about bourgault 🤷‍♂️Can’t win em all