Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle FS19

OxfordAndy

Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle FS19

Post by OxfordAndy »

Hello all
Have recently got the heavy equipment bundle for FS19 and am asking is there a way to configure the control panel to do what function you want each button to do?

Many thanks
don_apple

Re: Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle FS19

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you are playing on Windows of macOS then you can reconfigure the bindings between game functions to the buttons and axis of the controller either via the Options section of the main menu, or via the menu that you can open by pressing the 'ESC' key while playing.

In both menus there os a button at the top with some 'squares', if you select that you get to the screen where you can configure the bindings. At the botom of that screen there should be an option to switch between the binding configuration for the keyboard and the other controllers attached to the game (unfortunately that button is labeled 'Gamepad', even though it is also to configure wheels, joystick or the control panel).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
OxfordAndy

Post by OxfordAndy »

Hello Thankyou for your reply, can now see where I was going wrong!
Thankyou for your help

Many thanks
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Hope you enjoy your new setup. I loved my heavy equipment bundle. But, be gentle with the joystick on that panel... mine has seem to gone a little wonky. The slightest move on it will send my front loader arm either all the way up or all the way down. I had to sit it aside until I have the time to check it out and see what is hanging it up.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
OxfordAndy

Post by OxfordAndy »

Ok will bear that in mind, currently working my way through each function that I will use the most to set it up

Many thanks
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Hope you enjoy it. I got it, set it up, played with it for a few hours and went back to keyboard/mouse...
PC gamer.
IanM

Post by IanM »

I to have just got a New set up from Logitech. I find that the Set up in FS19 is APITA. So far have used 4 hours trying to get things how I want them. Looking in the XML file dont help much as it is totally impossible to figure out. In FS17 it was very easy to figure out and in fact much quicker to configure the controller in!
So got things sorted, almost and changed over to a different tractor. Yeah nothing worked as it did before.
Have used the set up in FS17 and it works OK. Eurotruck II works fine. FS19! I am going mad trying to get it to do what I want it to do.
Does anyone have any good tips as to get things sorted.
PS I have pretty bad carpel tunnel at times and after ten minuets on a key board my fingers are normally pretty dead. So not a good option to Just use the keyboard.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

Quick question: which file(s) would one need to copy out to backup the wheel/joystick settings? It would be a shame to lose the settings after having spent a few hours tweaking them in case of a reinstall.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

inputBinding.xml
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

theSeb wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 am inputBinding.xml
Excellent! Thanks. :hi:
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Its honestly not difficult to set up the equipment bundle at all. FS19 has default inputs for them already. If you don't like those go into a savegame and go to menu controls and rebind whatever controls you'd like. Never once had to go into the xml file to edit anything as everything can be edited via the in game menu
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's all well and good but that is not the question that was asked
bbreslow

Post by bbreslow »

I just installed this but am a bit confused when it comes to mapping the buttons. When I look in FS19 I know where to go to map them, I just don't understand all the abbreviations for the buttons on the wheel and side panel. They look like they reference gamepad controls but as I have never used a gamepad I'm stumped. I also find the deadzone on the wheel to be extreme at 14% but not sure as to which axis of the 14 listed is the wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PrecisionFarmer

Post by PrecisionFarmer »

I recently purchased the Logitech/Saitek Heavy Equipment Gamepad Bundle. I finally found a PDF by Saitek which provides information on how the controls are mapped. When I plugged in the gamepads to 2 USB ports on my PC and started FS19, FS19 found the gamepads and automatically began working correctly. This PDF file makes it easy to understand what the controls are assigned to do on the Steering Wheel/Pedals and the Control Deck. Here is the URL and directions on how to locate and download the PDF file:

URL:https://www.saitek.com/manuals/Farm-Sim ... Sheets.pdf

When this URL is located, in the middle of the page choose the following:
1- Choose "FARM SIM"
2 - Choose "DEFAULT CONTROL ASSIGNMENTS"
3 - Choose "VIEW MANUAL"

Now the PDF file should appear, which can be downloaded and printed. Two of the pages show the default control settings. The other two pages allow you to write your own control settings should you choose to change them.

I am new to this forum. If it is possible to post the PDF file to the forum, please let me know how to do that.