BulletBill

Honkyfarmer
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:20 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by Honkyfarmer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Seb.....your part of realism us modding?

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 3774
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by Illinois Farmer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Yes he helped create seasons.
1280 acre farm, 3300 hogs, 200 cattle, and xbox one user and pc user.

User avatar
abslayer
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by abslayer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:43 pm

I when and checked my game time in FS 2017 just short of 500 hours :hmm:

FS 2019 getting close to a 1000 :this:

So it appears i got more hooked on FS 2019 if that means anything LOL :gamer:

BulletBill
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:50 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by BulletBill » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:53 pm

theSeb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:33 pm
I think it needs to be called out, despite the gallery throwing peanuts around.
I still don't get why you are getting so narky "theSeb"... you don't seem worried about offending people when you call them out rudely on their bad grammer like you did the other day.

As for my statements about maps and map makers, they are not harsh at all, but are true.

The majority of map makers do run out of steam when building a map, this is why many don't get released or even if they do, parts of the map are less finished off than others. This has been true for myself in the past as well as nearly every map maker I've ever spoken to.

This is because adding in all the extra details takes a lot of time. This is also just a hobby and we have RL responsibilities that take precedence over Modding.

As to many map makers still constructing maps with bad habits this is also true, the majority of maps have atrocious scenegraph organisation which in turn makes optimising properly almost an impossible task.
Many maps have file folder structures that are all over the place have many duplicate files that are not needed, and sometimes have 20+ sub folders making filepaths larger than the map itself.

Then there are a fair few maps where you can tell the map maker just wanted to get the map out asap and little thought has gone into the farm yards, the natural scenery and everything else, and because of that the map suffers for it which is a shame.

I also don't see why I am not allowed to voice my opinions on other maps when every man and his dog lines up to tell me all my mistakes on my maps and mods.

I haven't singled out a particular modder, rather it is a generic observation on my experience with mod mapping over the past 7 years.

Lastly I don't get why my opinion on Fs19, Mod maps, or anything else, matters so much to you that you feel the need to keep on about it the way you are.

You and I don't agree, which is actually an ok thing.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by theSeb » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Honkyfarmer wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:26 pm
Seb.....your part of realism us modding?
I am not sure what you are asking here? Am I a part of Realismus Modding? Or are you asking me what is my part in Realismus Modding?

Image
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by theSeb » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Bill, you and I obviously see "rudely" in different ways. I simply said, "could have". There is no could of in the English language. I wasn't rude. I also didn't proclaim that I am the best at writing English and most other people should probably just stop writing entirely. It's "grammar" by the way. ;) *thumbsup*

When you type your paragraphs of teachings on forums I am always reminded of the story from the Bible about the splinter and the plank. I will say this though... I cannot stand people who come out and say really rude things to people and then try to be the victim when they get called out on it and accuse others of being "narky" in some other completely non-related thread. Don't move the goal posts and stick to the conversation at hand.

I think proclaiming that most other maps are just not good (I am paraphrasing and summarising what you wrote of course) in a thread dedicated to you and your maps is simply pompous and rude. It is rude to everyone else who has ever created a map. You are not the final authority on what makes a good map or what is good organisation or optimisation, so stop acting like it. I am not the final authority in what makes a good script mod or what is good code, hence why I don't go around preaching the good word of the scripting according to Seb.
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

Honkyfarmer
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:20 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by Honkyfarmer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm

theSeb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Honkyfarmer wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:26 pm
Seb.....your part of realism us modding?
I am not sure what you are asking here? Am I a part of Realismus Modding? Or are you asking me what is my part in Realismus Modding?

Image
I'm just curious what your tone or stance would be if for instance someone came out with a mod called "years". It would simulate seasons like seasons but only half as good. Would you say that your mod does things better and say where the " years" mod is lacking when folks made threads about your "seasons" mod being so much better? Sorry if my grammar is lacking. I would be broke if I wrote for a living

Hellas Farmer
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:40 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by Hellas Farmer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 pm

theSeb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm
I am not sure what you are asking here? Am I a part of Realismus Modding? Or are you asking me what is my part in Realismus Modding?
Oh I didn't realise.. Well I would like to have the chance to tell you a big thank you because you are a part of the reason, as it seems, I keep playing FS as "Seasons" is an absolute must for me since its release..

Another part of the reason however is definitely BulletBill and his creations as everybody else said in this topic because without them I would have totally given up on FS by now.

To be fair I re-read through the topic and I don't get why you disagree with the rest.
The person who started it was clear "BulletBill create another USA map for FS19"..

I am sure Lone Oak '19 is not liked for its FS19 textures that OxygenDavid applied so it can be converted but for everything BulletBill made.
I did make the analogy you disliked about the "Mona Lisa" and I will still stand by it.. There are tens of US maps for 19 and still most people consider Lone Oak the best; I guess there is a reason for it.

However as I read through your last couple of replies it is not just that but it seems you have some past issues with him once you keep pointing out how he doesn't have anything to do with the map anymore (which excuse me but it makes absolutely no sense)..

PS4farmhand
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by PS4farmhand » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Hmmmmm🤔 I agree Hellas farmer..... something is missing from the story.
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪

PS4farmhand
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: BulletBill

Post by PS4farmhand » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm

🤞🤞🤞...."please ignore me ..please ignore me" 🤪🤣
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:54 pm

To TheSeb--I will agree that I didn't properly credit OxygenDavid for his work, because as I've stated before, I don't have the first clue about map making. I only knew Bill designed the map on 17, and it was ported to 19. That's what started this whole thing.

Thanks to TheSubbie--who could be helping make what will be my new favorite map of 19--Millenial Farmer--Im going to attempt to try and make a map of my own. I think it would be cool to have the American Gothic farm in this game. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I will try.

And thank you Seb. Most everybody on every map appreciates your contributions, and once again, you absolutely should be hired, 100%. Seasons should be a part of the base game. Almost everybody would agree to that, I think.

I didnt mean to start a tiff, the purpose of this thread was just an appeal to Bill for an American map, from people who love his work.

I wish it was Bill or Oxygendavid doing this map, believe me. But I will try.

User avatar
Harada
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:09 am

Re: BulletBill

Post by Harada » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:16 pm

theSeb wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:06 pm
Bill, you and I obviously see "rudely" in different ways. I simply said, "could have". There is no could of in the English language. I wasn't rude. I also didn't proclaim that I am the best at writing English and most other people should probably just stop writing entirely. It's "grammar" by the way. ;) *thumbsup*

When you type your paragraphs of teachings on forums I am always reminded of the story from the Bible about the splinter and the plank. I will say this though... I cannot stand people who come out and say really rude things to people and then try to be the victim when they get called out on it and accuse others of being "narky" in some other completely non-related thread. Don't move the goal posts and stick to the conversation at hand.

I think proclaiming that most other maps are just not good (I am paraphrasing and summarising what you wrote of course) in a thread dedicated to you and your maps is simply pompous and rude. It is rude to everyone else who has ever created a map. You are not the final authority on what makes a good map or what is good organisation or optimisation, so stop acting like it. I am not the final authority in what makes a good script mod or what is good code, hence why I don't go around preaching the good word of the scripting according to Seb.
Well said!
XBox One S

Alagos
Moderator
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: BulletBill

Post by Alagos » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Locked, this isn't going anywhere useful.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<

Locked