Bucks County PA Tedder Issue

Deadeye

Bucks County PA Tedder Issue

Post by Deadeye »

Hey all. I'm at a bit of a loss here, and I'm looking for some help from the community.

I've played 2-3 seasons with the Bucks County, PA map and GEO, as it's a map based around an area only a couple hours from me. It's a great map, other than this one issue.

Myself and another member of this forum whom I have gotten to know started a playthrough on this map. We were excited to really dive into hay production and dairy cattle. To our dismay, we found that when we cut the hay and went to use the tedder, it would leave spots untouched. We have tried multiple different tedders. We've tried different tractors. We even created a game without seasons and tried it, and got the same results. It seems to be a map issue based off of our testing. If we only run the tedder in one direction, it seems to work correctly. This issue is sort of a game-breaking issue for us.

I am curious if anyone else has had an issue like this? Are there any solutions? Are there even any ideas as to what may actually be the problem?

UPDATE: My friend contacted the creator of the map via Facebook, and he is aware of the issue and plans on fixing it in the next update.
Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Patton_M47

Re: Bucks County PA Tedder Issue

Post by Patton_M47 »

go over it again with tedder its what i had to do
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Thanks for the reply. That said, I consider that a workaround, and not a true fix to the problem. At this point, an actual fix is what I'm pursuing.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't that affected by something with the terrain height?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

i suspect it has something to do with the mud
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:04 pm I'm not entirely sure, but isn't that affected by something with the terrain height?
My friend and I have considered that? We've reached out to the mod creator for any insight. I had heard he was trying to get the map on the GIANTS modhub, but gave up after a while. We assume that this issue may have played a part. We figured it's either a terrain or a field definition issue. Hopefully with more insight, we might be able to come up with a cure for the issue.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Patton_M47 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:13 pm i suspect it has something to do with the mud
We are playing on the version without dynamic mud.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Sorry to bombard this thread with replies. I did a little further investigation today when I got a spare minute. The same thing happens when alfalfa is mowed and you try to ted it. I also tried it on the only "default" grass field in the map, and the same issue occurs. Below I'll attach a screenshot to display what happens.

Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

odd, off topic but where do i put the straw for the cows on the main farm?
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:54 am odd, off topic but where do i put the straw for the cows on the main farm?
I recall seeing somewhere that the cow bedding trigger on that map takes "corn stalks" and "soybean straw" rather than regular straw. Maybe try that?
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Deadeye wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:30 am
Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:54 am odd, off topic but where do i put the straw for the cows on the main farm?
I recall seeing somewhere that the cow bedding trigger on that map takes "corn stalks" and "soybean straw" rather than regular straw. Maybe try that?
okay thx ill give it a try but where is it i couldnt find it
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:39 am
I'm not sure where the trigger is. Some of the triggers are unclear on this map.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Deadeye wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:56 am
Patton_M47 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:39 am

I'm not sure where the trigger is. Some of the triggers are unclear on this map.
thx
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

MF map has the same problem.. Are you using any mods?
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton