Honkyfarmer

Re: How Big Do You Like to Farm?

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Start at 6m and work up
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Missing an option I think...
I'm playing on Eiersholt at the moment (4x map, various field sizes, but not monsters), and got one 6m plow that I probably are going to trade in, it works just fine with the kverneland I-plow, I have been testing one of those lately, and 2 of those will cover all my needs as far as i can see.

Though on seeders i got 8 and 12m, sprayer is 20+m, don't remember how wide the slurry spreader is (can't even remember if it got injectors, dribble bars or just spreadas at the moment 😲, or witch shed it's parked in, been a while since last usage of it... )
So, I'm missing the 'yes' option basically 😁

I use what fits, both physically, economically, logistically and story wise
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I selected the large to huge option only because in fs19, Welker Farms is my favorite map, but in all honesty, I also have a NML save that I regularly play and all that equipment is around 3m. Of course that's also because I'm starting out on old iron, comprising of an International 833 and a Ferguson TEA-20.

So I guess I'm saying while it depends on the map, I do tend to favor large American style fields.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I never mentioned what category I was in. I’m in small to medium. 6m is my sweet spot. Anything bigger, and you have to zoom out, then you start losing details of the tractor, and have to squint. Lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

I like the big stuff. I was all about Big Bud in 17.

Now that we have some old JD, I do want to try a map with some medium to small size fields. I liked the variety in Pacific Northwest--if you're looking for a US map with some great smaller fields. And great big fields too if you want to go back.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:28 am
haze87 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 am why question his comment then? (sorry just messing, on the beer and feeling a little mischievous tonight. no harm meant)
Fair enough. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. He hardly comments anything useful. Most of the time it is negative reactions.
I don't rub anyone. That would require physically touching someone.
Well maybe Ched, he seems like a cool guy.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Implement size isn't really the issue I have, it's more that fact that:

1) courseplay isn't baked into the game as it should be
2) courseplay has some issues that make it a bit clunkly because of the above
3) without courseplay, the player has farm only rectangular fields and do all the trucking
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Autodrive?

I love that Eiersholt comes with an autodrive network all ready for use.
Bit quirky for filling the lime silo, but it did drive to the mine, filled up, and then back to the farm

Eiersholt have really opened my eyes (and mindset) for ad
And you can use ad and cp together.
Start the driver from the farm, to the field with ad, once there, it'll automagically start up cp, and do it's thing. (If you have a cp course set for the job that is)
I find it works pretty good alone, and even better in combination with cp. But currently, if I had to choose, I'd go ad.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

6 to 12 meters is what I like
Ignorance is bliss
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Anything above 6 meters is fair game for me, and I actually have a save on Gemeinde Rade where the map maker made all the starting equipment at a 6 meters working width :lol: Makes it really easy for me to fit in the Lizard 6 meter subsoiler/plow without creating more GPS lines lol.

On the note of Courseplay, I actually made a few tracks that almost completely automated my silage harvest. I made a course for the harvester, and made a course to the pit for the tractor, even allowing him to reverse the trailer in (I'm still proud of that one :D ). Then I made a course back to the field, and used Follow Me to have the tractor and trailer follow the harvester around.

But even though I do 6 meters, I think I generally like anything 12 meters and above (which is what I voted for), as my favorite maps are American maps with the smallest fields being 20-30 acres.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

"Go Big or Go Home" is the way I farm... More tractors, more implements, big silos. If I can use a small tractor... I still go BIG just because. I do, sometimes, use a small plow to clean up a field, but it is gone when I get done... *thumbsup*
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

All depends on the map. For a long while I was in an “English phase”, with tight maps and small equipment. After that got claustrophobic, I went for big US style fields and massive equipment. I am just starting a new save where I get to combine the two on the new Holme Wold Farm 4x map...
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Usually I run 30 to 40ft equipment, and sometimes an 8 row corn head. I like to farm on US maps with fields anywhere from 10 to 40 acres.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I like to play on US maps. I usually start with a 16-row planter and a 40-ft drill, A combine with a 35-ft. flex head and an 8-row corn header, semi & trailer, a 30-40k Liter grain cart, pull-type sprayer. I usually start with 2-3 large fields and a $2.5 million dollar bank loan. Then I work to pay down the loan and grow into more fields and larger equipment while reducing interest costs as well. Eventual goal is to have 2-3 600+ HP tractors, 24-row planter and 60-80 ft. drill. 2 combines with 16-row headers and 45 ft drapers, large self-propelled sprayer, 3-4 semis, large grain cart. I also like to put up a nice bin site once I grow to a certain size and am able to purchase more fields.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:28 am
haze87 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 am why question his comment then? (sorry just messing, on the beer and feeling a little mischievous tonight. no harm meant)
Fair enough. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. He hardly comments anything useful. Most of the time it is negative reactions.
I'll bet if you told him how you liked to be rubbed, your relationship would really blossom. *thumbsup*