FS 2019 GPS

FarmBoss

Re: FS 2019 GPS

Post by FarmBoss »

WMRmodding wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 am .....
If you want loads of AI doing the work then why even play a "Simulator" I think what you need is a farm manager game.
The devs built Hired Workers into the game. My guess is, they expect people to use them. If they didn't think Hired Workers should be used in a "Simulator", they would probably remove them. Modders build auto-drive/gps related mods, probably for people to use them.

Also, when I start a new game, I have 3 options:
1. New farmer
2. Farm-Manager
3. Start from scratch

A keen eye will notice that option number 2 appears to be exactly what you suggested for the OP.
raran

Post by raran »

It's not very far from reality either. Here in my region it's very common for one or two "farmers" to have all the machinery and specialized guys to operate them and rent those out to the farms to do the actual work.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I think the problem is that people type things like auto-drive/gps mods as if they are somehow related. Maybe that gives others the wrong impression of what GPS actually is. GPS is not autodrive. GPS is not courseplay. GPS is not a hired worker. GPS is not Tesla auto pilot
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Yes, you're right. I shouldn't have included GPS when talking about hired workers and AI.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

GPS in game is just as GPS irl, a usefully gadget that helps with precision. More precise steering = less wasted time and better coverage.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Noraf wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 pm GPS in game is just as GPS irl, a usefully gadget that helps with precision. More precise steering = less wasted time and better coverage.
Straight to the point *thumbsup*

GPS was never meant to be an AI program. In response to the OP, if you don't like the mod, don't use it, and talk about what you enjoy on the mods you do use.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Guil

Post by Guil »

aklein wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:01 pm I am guessing your referring to the Guidance Steering mod when you reference GPS.

- Left Alt + S to bring up the GUI which can only show up if the mod has been enabled with the first step
With the GUI up click to auto detect working width with the implement attached and zero out the offset if needed then ESC to close.
I know it's just a typo but just fyi for anyone else. Left ctrl + S opens the guidance steering menu
aklein

Post by aklein »

Muscle memory my fingers do the walking and the brain don't remember outside the game.
Guil

Post by Guil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: