I got a good

AmericanFarmer23

I got a good

Post by AmericanFarmer23 »

I’ve got a good question. This isn’t meant to be a bash topic or etc. My question is what makes you get tired or burnt out in a map. Or what makes you keep coming back to a certain map. I know theirs some good ones out there, so let’s discuss!
iwan073

Re: I got a good

Post by iwan073 »

AmericanFarmer23 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 am This isn’t meant to be a bash topic
You’re a genius!
Everyone should add this to their opening post.

What a peaceful forum this would be
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

AmericanFarmer23 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 am I’ve got a good question. This isn’t meant to be a bash topic or etc. My question is what makes you get tired or burnt out in a map. Or what makes you keep coming back to a certain map. I know theirs some good ones out there, so let’s discuss!
I set a goal that I want to see achieve and when I achieve it, I move on. I haven't been back to another map yet because they are so many I want to play. My hardest thing is finding time to play different maps.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:28 am
You’re a genius!

Yes because flooding every thread with inane sarcasm sure keeps things nice and peaceful around here....

To the OP I don’t think I burn out on a map necessarily more so the game in general. Once I’m ready to come back it’s always to pick up from where I left off. What keeps me coming with a map is flexibility to play multiple styles for how I’m feeling and familiarity to where I’m from and use to seeing. Then I get to try out all the different styles and stuff I don’t do farming in real life.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I love setting up the farm once its up I usually take a break from the map...then I come back and push it to its limit using top end machines.

Right now back on 17 re visiting old progressed maps. This game will keep me busy till I drop dead :)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I start from scratch, not just the mode, did it in 15 and 17 too. Play on a map I think I will really like till I find something that annoys me or I just want to move on and sell off everything and continue that carrer on another map I think I will really like. Usually do this with 2-4 maps, get tired of the game in generall or just get into another game and when I do come back start from scratch all over again...

Getting ready to switch maps atm actually, not sure yet what map though...

As for maps I really like, American or at least one I can pretend is or Island... That is good for creating my own farm. Has multiple sale points. Don't like added crops due to the compatability issues (grasses like alfalfa is fine). And I like somewhere I would want to have the house/yard, as in a spot I would want to live (away from everything else)... Improved crop textures is a bonus.
PC gamer.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

AmericanFarmer23 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 am I’ve got a good question. This isn’t meant to be a bash topic or etc. My question is what makes you get tired or burnt out in a map. Or what makes you keep coming back to a certain map. I know theirs some good ones out there, so let’s discuss!
Westbridge will always be my go to map, the FS19 version is best for me because the cars have been relegated to the just around the town itself.

I don't play FS constantly, at the moment I'm playing other stuff until the itch comes back... although I do load the main page regularly just to make sure my mods are updated and/or something new and appealing for me shows up in the Modhub.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

With Mwal a bit, totally burnt out on the game right now. What once took the stress out of normal life stopping working.

As for maps, completely done with Lone Oak. Can't stand it. Thought it would be a good map to work on getting the 100 acres harvested and 100 acres planted trophies (achievements for the pc people). In the end one combine had about 15 hours on, other had about 16, carting truck I think around 3 or 4, the big bud 2.8 hours (planting with bigger bourgault) and had another couple hours planting with the condor on a 8r I think.
All in all it was doing so much work over short period of time. It was spread over 4 days, one day I know I played a 4 to 5 hour session in the afternoon then went back that night for another 3 to 4 hour session. On day 4 it was only couple hours playing to finish up those last 15 hectares.

Wait was it 100 acres or 100 hectares? Well you see what it did to me :lol:
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

What makes a good map to me? Immersion, Immersion, Immersion. I have to feel like I’m in the map. So for me, a map based off a real place, and a real feel through lighting and details is a requirement. As a plus, the map I’m playing now, has a feel that reminds me of the back roads near the farms around my house growing up.

A map will burn me out, when I have “run out of freedom”. On Marwell, the only map on 19 to suffer this fate. I ran out our slot space, and it really put a kink in my plan to make the farm how I wanted. And I was at an indecision over which machines to keep and what I would replace them with.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've been trying to figure that out myself. One day I load up my farm and I just don't want to do anything anymore. Time to move on. There's no real rhyme or reason for me, it just happens.

One thing that I think gets me every time, is when the farm gets so big that it's actually a chore to get things done. Then the game gets boring and tedious, not relaxing. However, I'm currently on Stone Valley trying to farm as big as possible. We'll see how long that lasts.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:28 am
AmericanFarmer23 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 am This isn’t meant to be a bash topic
You’re a genius!

Pfft if you ask me we should have a special place on the forums to bash everything and everyone. I remember the good old days when me and a couple others would be constantly stirring the pot, those were simpler times.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Can I have the spoon,
Green is better than Red.
There, the pot is stirred some more
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:29 am Can I have the spoon,
... which is true so long as the wheels are not yellow.

And Blue beats all.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Ok, I'm gonna throw the pot out the window, it got too hot. :zunge:

In response to the OP, I think I get burnt out on a map if I'm not in the mood for it. Some days I want to play tight European maps, other days I want to run big rigs on a wide open NA map, and sometimes, I run a save for an hour, quit it, then come back 3 months later and play 10-20 hours on it. FS19 is where I really escape for leisure. My consistent play is on FSN, where I am almost forced to run my farm because of the MP server never stopping lol. So my SP is usually whatever catches my fancy
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:29 am Can I have the spoon,
You don't use a fork to stir your ramen? Am I the weird one??
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs