Courseplay collision detection/notification

Miketeg

Courseplay collision detection/notification

Post by Miketeg »

Hello, this is not a new problem, in fact, i'm having it since Courseplay was bring to FS19.

It doesn't bother me that much, but just asking if i'm the only one.

The problem is that my equipment (tractors, combine, mower, truck, etc.) doesn't seems to have collision detection.

They hit trees, other equipment, etc...and the worst part is that I almost never (98% of the time) see a notification of a tractor being stuck.

Like "JD 8r is in Traffic"

The only time it SOMETIMES work is then a tractor is stock in a combine pipe...if tractor hit the combine, it won't notify me.

I'M currently using the last dev version (,66) but as stated above, I do have this issue since day 1 of courseplay in FS19.

Am I the only one?
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Courseplay collision detection/notification

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Part of the reason I've shied away from using it. Try using this mod with it so you can keep track of any running vehicles. It helped me when running a big operation with a few courses running at once

Vehicle Inspector
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

On midwest horizons, field 78, my worker will always hit the one tree, but it notifies me that the worker is stuck. It is in red letters above the map and can be hard to see.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
raran

Post by raran »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:17 pm On midwest horizons, field 78, my worker will always hit the one tree, but it notifies me that the worker is stuck. It is in red letters above the map and can be hard to see.
If only we had a chainsaw... :mrgreen:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I just learn to live with it and never expect CP to detect anything. What is frustrating though is when I set up a course with islands bypass on and CP makes a great course which according to the overview will definitely miss the pylon in the field and will never drive anywhere near it. Then a few minutes later my worker is attempting to drive through the pylon and sometimes it's not obvious where to put him to continue to the next way point correctly. Oh well. The auto drive stuff is not easy to implement and I still love this mod.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

raran wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 pm
If only we had a chainsaw... :mrgreen:
Yeah, have to wait until winter. This is my first season on the field and only have disc and planted on it so far.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:09 pm Part of the reason I've shied away from using it. Try using this mod with it so you can keep track of any running vehicles. It helped me when running a big operation with a few courses running at once

Vehicle Inspector
I do use it, but don't remember seeing it's being stuck. Sometimes it just 0km/h as speed...but not looking to it pretty often and the fact that it disapear when mini-map is activated is a problem. I always have mini map open.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Courseplay has always notified me of problems with Workers either by displaying the message "Worker Blah Blah is Slipping" or "Worker Blah Blah is Blocked" these messages are on the screen right above the mini-map. If you are not seeing them when you are playing, then check your courseplay settings and make sure you haven't somehow turned off or disabled notifications.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:09 pm Courseplay has always notified me of problems with Workers either by displaying the message "Worker Blah Blah is Slipping" or "Worker Blah Blah is Blocked" these messages are on the screen right above the mini-map. If you are not seeing them when you are playing, then check your courseplay settings and make sure you haven't somehow turned off or disabled notifications.
Like I said, the only one I receive is the one when a tractor is "blocked in traffic" by the compine pipe. So notifications are somehow working...but that's the only one I get..

No slipping with the "2 tones red" etc...