How many people that mocked you...

Dairydeere

Re: How many people that mocked you...

Post by Dairydeere »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 pm I used to play with toy tractors in the dirt when I was a kid. I wish I had a game like this as a kid.
This right here^^^ besides the fact I am still 15 years old :lol:

I grew up in the dirt with toys, in the "tractor room" (a 14' by 23' space JAM PACKED with toy tractor replicas), and in the seat of a RL tractor. I would spend hours with the replicas in the evenings, and go outside on the weekends and help farm. That's still my routine, but now I have this game to fit into that mix. I thought I had it good with carpet farming, then I come to this game where I can actually see the crops I'm making and feeding to cows, all in a shorter timescale than RL :shock: . I wouldn't pick the game over the real thing, but man is this game a wonderful thing to play. My brother plays it, and my family gets a good laugh out of the fact that we are RL farmers and still want to run something virtual. Back on the PS4 for FS17, I bet my dad logged more hours than I did on his Goldcrest Valley save, yet he's hardly been onto 19 lol.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
RunlikeaDeere

Post by RunlikeaDeere »

I mostly play Friday the 13th, with a pretty big group of friends. They could never understand why I enjoyed this game...

There's only so many times you can shoot someone, race a car, jump platforms, and beat people up. I have played video games since Colecovision, and this game is a nice piece of serenity sometimes.

And yes, I played with toy tractors too. Transformers Generations is just me playing with my robots again lol.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:09 am
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 pm I used to play with toy tractors in the dirt when I was a kid. I wish I had a game like this as a kid.
This right here^^^ besides the fact I am still 15 years old :lol:

I grew up in the dirt with toys, in the "tractor room" (a 14' by 23' space JAM PACKED with toy tractor replicas), and in the seat of a RL tractor. I would spend hours with the replicas in the evenings, and go outside on the weekends and help farm. That's still my routine, but now I have this game to fit into that mix. I thought I had it good with carpet farming, then I come to this game where I can actually see the crops I'm making and feeding to cows, all in a shorter timescale than RL :shock: . I wouldn't pick the game over the real thing, but man is this game a wonderful thing to play. My brother plays it, and my family gets a good laugh out of the fact that we are RL farmers and still want to run something virtual. Back on the PS4 for FS17, I bet my dad logged more hours than I did on his Goldcrest Valley save, yet he's hardly been onto 19 lol.
For quite a while, my "tractor room" was an old kitchen table my Dad was going to toss out. I asked him to put it in the yard for me. I covered the top with a couple inches of dirt, and made my farm and roads on it. Of course when it rained, my mini countryside was in ruins, but I always enjoyed setting it up again.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

No one mocks me, at least not in person, when I talk about my great virtual farms all over the world. I am "senior" enough to be a great grand father to many of the folks in this community. I got my first taste of RL farming in 1949 on an uncles farm. He had an Oliver 70 and a 60 using machinery that was converted from horse drawn machinery.

I also had toy tractors and some machinery to go with it and still have an old die-cast Oliver 77. I really enjoy the game and play it way too much. I am never going to let anyone check the stat on hours played. :lol: :coolnew:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Can't say I have ever been mocked for playing fs, reaction from most has been "thats a real thing?" Then I usually bring up even goat simulator is a real game and they think I'm lying about farm sim lol.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
squerble

Post by squerble »

I've had a couple of little jibes from work mates but nothing ever even close to serious. Had a couple of (ex) girlfriends who have made some strong comments on it, but luckily my current girlfriend is very open minded and even asked me to get some pigs just because she loves them so much. I've also seen a couple of my "gamer" friends start picking this up so it's nice to see. I'm a 32 year old male, so right in between the generations of accepting gamers and "oh my god that's so sad" people!
Guil

Post by Guil »

When I first got 15 on ps4 most people looked at me funny when I said what I was playing. Now most of those have the game and are addicted now too haha
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Farming sim used to be a joke between some friends and i. Then one day i picked up a copy of 15 that was on sale on steam. I was secretly playing it and found i was spending hours on it. It just kind of took off from there. Then when i told my friends, they laughed. But when 17 came out and i talked about it more and more, one by one they started buying it. Lol. Now here we are in FS19 and its my most played game. Lol
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Guil wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:31 am When I first got 15 on ps4 most people looked at me funny when I said what I was playing. Now most of those have the game and are addicted now too haha
I wonder if FS21 will come with an anti-addiction option? :confusednew: I think I could reall use it so I would not have to hide the hours I've been playing. :biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

So fun story. I would not have the job I do without Farmsim. Ive talked about it on stream a few times but the basics of it is my brother and I bought FS17 as a joke for christmas 4 years ago. I played more and more and got interested in farming in general. Quit my old job and walked into the place I work at now because they have a tractor out front, a JD 8300. I have been there almost 3 years now and am in outside sales for SD,ND and MN and could not be happier. Ive also made over 600 videos about farm sim so far. Do people laugh when I tell them this story, yes, but then agree that it would be weird without me around.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Kipsley

Post by Kipsley »

I tell my parents I have to go and look after my cows, and they are like...... "That's cute".
At work I tell my friends I play Farming Simulator 19 and that results in a moments silence then...... "That's nice. Did anyone catch the game on TV last night?"

But then because I like to spend my time online rather than with real people, I was called a recluse and antisocial. But now that Covid is here, everyone now knows I was just ahead of my time :)
Mac Pro (2012) 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3, Mojave 10.14.6, Radeon RX 580 8 GB
FS19 dairy farmer. Australia.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Yep, wife keeps me going about pretend tractors and my brother laughs, but this last few days I’ve noticed he’s starting to ask me a lot of questions about farm sim, he says all his mates are talking about it at work so now it’s become cool I think
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Ha! Everyone in my family and all my friends that know what video games are. At first, they said that’s all old ladies can play. I disavowed them of that by pointing out my Death March play through g rpg games (Dishonored, Witcher, etc.). Still, they scoffed. So, one by one, I sat them in front of the XBOX and gave them a “new farmer” game. After the initial frustrations, 65% of them (my husband likes statistical Analysis) now play, at least when they’re not playing war games. My nephew no longer plays War games and has taken up FS, Sims and House Flipper. He says knocking down walls is cathartic. So there, naysayers. Ah, a more peaceful and bucholic world.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 pm Ha! Everyone in my family and all my friends that know what video games are. At first, they said that’s all old ladies can play. I disavowed them of that by pointing out my Death March play through g rpg games (Dishonored, Witcher, etc.). Still, they scoffed. So, one by one, I sat them in front of the XBOX and gave them a “new farmer” game. After the initial frustrations, 65% of them (my husband likes statistical Analysis) now play, at least when they’re not playing war games. My nephew no longer plays War games and has taken up FS, Sims and House Flipper. He says knocking down walls is cathartic. So there, naysayers. Ah, a more peaceful and bucholic world.
Well thanks, because of your post my wife has now heard of 'House Flipper' and im never going to get my PS4 back... :lol:
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Urinal2001 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 pm Ha! Everyone in my family and all my friends that know what video games are. At first, they said that’s all old ladies can play. I disavowed them of that by pointing out my Death March play through g rpg games (Dishonored, Witcher, etc.). Still, they scoffed. So, one by one, I sat them in front of the XBOX and gave them a “new farmer” game. After the initial frustrations, 65% of them (my husband likes statistical Analysis) now play, at least when they’re not playing war games. My nephew no longer plays War games and has taken up FS, Sims and House Flipper. He says knocking down walls is cathartic. So there, naysayers. Ah, a more peaceful and bucholic world.
Well thanks, because of your post my wife has now heard of 'House Flipper' and im never going to get my PS4 back... :lol:
LOL well, I aim to please. *thumbsup* My husband says that, if I start getting death threats from other women’s husbands I have to live somewhere else.