THANK YOU

Sinclaircool
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:19 pm

THANK YOU

Post by Sinclaircool » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Can I just say a massive thank you to giants software for keeping going during the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping us informed and excited with new DLCs mods and Facebook Instagram and Twitter posts. *thumbsup* keep up with you enthusiasm giants and sending love from the UK
Don't leak mods

User avatar
SergejMTZ
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 pm
Location: Warsaw

Re: THANK YOU

Post by SergejMTZ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Well they get paid and without mod, I really doubt there would be a so large community

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: THANK YOU

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 pm

People buy the game, Giants make money. Some people play the game and never use modhub. I barely did on 15 or 17. Deere wasnt in it, so I didn't mess with it, other than a map or two.

Mods dont make Giants money. Theyre for people whove ALREADY bought the game, and they generate no additional revenue. At the end of the day, its an expense.

So yes, thank you for keeping them on in difficult times.

Mwal
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by Mwal » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 pm

No one used the console mod hub on 15

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: THANK YOU

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Mwal wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 pm
No one used the console mod hub on 15
Exactly. The only thing I think used the modhub for on any previous version was Westbridge on 17. I didn't buy 19 even intending to use it much, Deere was already in it.

But I have enjoyed it immensely(seasons, Lone Oak, 40 series).

eric21
Posts: 6240
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by eric21 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 pm

RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:28 pm
People buy the game, Giants make money. Some people play the game and never use modhub. I barely did on 15 or 17. Deere wasnt in it, so I didn't mess with it, other than a map or two.

Mods dont make Giants money. Theyre for people whove ALREADY bought the game, and they generate no additional revenue. At the end of the day, its an expense.

So yes, thank you for keeping them on in difficult times.
believe it or not mods actually do. Brands have joined the FS series because of mods, ill let you work out whos who

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by theSeb » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:09 pm

Which brands joined because of mods?
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: THANK YOU

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm

I'm not saying it makes no sense to have mods. I'm saying Giants didn't have to keep people on, paying them money, paying money for servers, etc, to handle mods the same schedule as before. Especially with a new game being delayed. They could've done a lesser amount, or stopped doing it entirely until the next version, and blame it on COVID. A lot of companies have used it to 'cut costs'. I worked for one.

There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: THANK YOU

Post by fenixguy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 pm

Well, that got derailed fast....

Yes, thanks Giants for the best games I've ever played. Keep up the good work and make FS21, 22, 23 or whatever into something more than the dumpster fire FS19 was at release and I may just buy it. :lol:
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

Mwal
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by Mwal » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm

RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Exactly. The only thing I think used the modhub for on any previous version was Westbridge on 17. I didn't buy 19 even intending to use it much, Deere was already in it.

But I have enjoyed it immensely(seasons, Lone Oak, 40 series).
Because it didn’t exist

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: THANK YOU

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Mwal wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Exactly. The only thing I think used the modhub for on any previous version was Westbridge on 17. I didn't buy 19 even intending to use it much, Deere was already in it.

But I have enjoyed it immensely(seasons, Lone Oak, 40 series).
Because it didn’t exist
Was Westbridge DLC? Maybe it was?

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by this_is_gav » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm

RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm
There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
Good timing. Just yesterday a game, which I won't mention (and can't anyway because the forum blocks it, which is quite telling) finally had it's full release. It's not as rounded as either FS17 or FS19 overall, but it does do a lot of good stuff which the GIANTS devs haven't yet been able to add to FS.

User avatar
RunlikeaDeere
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 am

Re: THANK YOU

Post by RunlikeaDeere » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:32 pm

The fix is in!

blue_painted
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: THANK YOU

Post by blue_painted » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm

this_is_gav wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm
There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
Good timing. Just yesterday a game, which I won't mention (and can't anyway because the forum blocks it, which is quite telling) finally had it's full release. It's not as rounded as either FS17 or FS19 overall, but it does do a lot of good stuff which the GIANTS devs haven't yet been able to add to FS.
Is that also a European based game? I foresee problems!
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... (and sometimes £200 laptop)

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: THANK YOU

Post by theSeb » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:12 am

blue_painted wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:51 pm
this_is_gav wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm
RunlikeaDeere wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm
There isnt many major brands left to court, and who really is their competition? Professional Farmer 2017? Have you SEEN that game lol? The OP was just making a grateful post, and they're not wrong.
Good timing. Just yesterday a game, which I won't mention (and can't anyway because the forum blocks it, which is quite telling) finally had it's full release. It's not as rounded as either FS17 or FS19 overall, but it does do a lot of good stuff which the GIANTS devs haven't yet been able to add to FS.
Is that also a European based game? I foresee problems!
Maybe in another 4 years time this will shape up into some competition. In its current state? It's a curious alternative at best that's not quite ready for prime time yet.
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

Post Reply