Real Mud mod

DirectCedar

Real Mud mod

Post by DirectCedar »

Anyone running with the Real Mud mod yet? Likes/dislikes? Does it add much in terms of gameplay realism? I haven't had time to try it out yet. The video looks promising *thumbsup*
Farmer Palmer

Re: Real Mud mod

Post by Farmer Palmer »

will not use. I drive tractors and 4x4s. Not true mod, take a 4x4 in mud like that IRL Viper. Machines would do 0-5mph in deep mud like that or 'belly out' - underside of vehicle/tractor becomes a bulldozer lifting wheels from ground, no traction - stuck! Need towing once ground is drier or even digging out with excavator. Tracks will get stuck too see more tractors in mud online videos Viper96
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Farmer, your post was difficult to read.

From what I deciphered I think you are missing the intent of the mod. I think the reason it was made so players could have fun in some mud. I don’t think realism was on the top of the list but playability simplicity was.

Constructive criticism of the mod is all right but your post was structured as a broken sentenced rant. Please be more respecting of modders in the future. Thanks.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Mr was way too drastic for a lot of things, biggest tractor in fs17 couldn't pull a 5 metre plow without slowing to a crawl
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Guil,

Which tractor and plow are you referring to?
What state was the ground in when you plowed?
What grade was the ground at?
What map?
Did you run out of traction or power?

I’ve never had this issue arise unless I was working fields in extreme conditions. Give me your scenario and I will recreate it. I’m very familiar with the MR scripting and I can give a detailed breakdown in what is occurring. Thanks.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No idea how this post ended up here and I reported it after trying to delete it myself

Being honest I haven't a clue lol. I'm thinking I was playing on the west coast and nearly sure it was a Jympa plow, I know that's a mod but I read somewhere that it was supported. I was just really surprised that a tractor with about double the required horsepower. Wasn't using seasons at the time and wasn't on crazy grade or anything.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Procobator wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 pm Farmer, your post was difficult to read.

From what I deciphered I think you are missing the intent of the mod. I think the reason it was made so players could have fun in some mud. I don’t think realism was on the top of the list but playability simplicity was.

Constructive criticism of the mod is all right but your post was structured as a broken sentenced rant. Please be more respecting of modders in the future. Thanks.
Possibly should not be called REAL mud then?
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Guil, the jympa plows I had issues with too with MR. The mod is MR compatible but I think they were adjusted too extremely.

I find that a lot of mods that are MR compatible don’t act very realistic in certain situations. There is a lot of testing you needed to perform to convert a mod to MR to get it realistic.

The base game and DLC equipment I thought worked really well.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Possibly Seb but that was the modders decision to call it that. It is his mod and I thank him for making it.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

It took me way to much effort to get going just to have a little fun then whe. I finally could. Test. It... The game crashed lol.

So that kinda made me lose interest.
Uninstalled it yesterday.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

For me its the visuals.. The puddles of water around the wheels just kills it for me.. Otherwise a great mod *thumbsup*