Modhub freezing (console)

Dairydeere

Re: Modhub freezing (console)

Post by Dairydeere »

Slightly offtopic, but I see this same issue, but when buying/selling things on No Mans Land, and when scrolling through my garage. WHenever I try to scroll over, it will make the noise of scrolling but takes close to a minute to load where you scrolled to. Then when I sell something through the shop menu, it takes two-five minutes to sell and spikes at 1FPS before returning to normal. Possibly the same issue as the ModHub? Although I'm not sure how one map could have that issue, as no other map I play has this sort of quirk.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I keep my percentage below 50% most of the time. It still freezes. It gets frustrating.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 pm I leave my Xbox in fast startup mode. When I stop playing FS, I save, hit the home screen, and then shut down the Xbox. When I fire it back up, I click on FS and I pick up right where I left off. No loading. About once a week, I completely quit the game so it has to do a fresh boot-up. I've been doing this since FS17. I do the same thing with other long-load-time games.

Now, when my modhub is very slow, I can do a quit and re-boot and it is much faster. That's why I suggested that. I've still never had to wait more than 10 or 15 seconds on the modhub though.
I find that interesting, didn't know about fast boot but I'm also not am xbox player (maybe soon since series x will be lot cheaper than ps5). All my games are always closed when not playing and usually ps4 is off unless I'm using it. I even turn it off if I'm just going away for a few hours.
But mod hub still has problems. Right now I'm sort of stepping away from mods but that's not a big deal as I seem to be in the 1% that actually like in game stuff.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:17 am I find that interesting, didn't know about fast boot but I'm also not am xbox player (maybe soon since series x will be lot cheaper than ps5).
I think it's kinda like putting a PC to sleep instead of shutting down completely. Someone more technical probably has a better explanation. The Xbox is "off" in that the fan isn't running, the lights are off, and no input to the TV, but the apps are where you left them when you turn it back on. If I'm not going to be using it for more than a day, I do a complete shutdown.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:07 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:17 am I find that interesting, didn't know about fast boot but I'm also not am xbox player (maybe soon since series x will be lot cheaper than ps5).
I think it's kinda like putting a PC to sleep instead of shutting down completely. Someone more technical probably has a better explanation. The Xbox is "off" in that the fan isn't running, the lights are off, and no input to the TV, but the apps are where you left them when you turn it back on. If I'm not going to be using it for more than a day, I do a complete shutdown.
Ok ps4 does have that but most of it is in settings menu that must be activated.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I am not normally one to complain.. I typically am a very patient person.. BUT.. this.. the modhub is "broken".. I dont download every mod.. never have.. having almost every single thing I could want on any of my farms I am still below 50% on my xbone.. today I went looking for a greenhouse/fruit tree.. it took over 30 minutes.. about half of that was it "loading modhub".. the other half was getting stuck/freezing while trying to back out of a mod.. I want to point out that my xbox is cleaned regularly and fully shutdown when not in use.. it runs like a champ.. except for the modhub.. I am not sure about on my pc as I havent been using it and even when/if I did, I just download what I want out of game as its faster and easier to navigate..

This really needs work as it seems to be getting worse.. I am sure there have been more than enough bug reports submitted so I wont beat that horse but yea.. this should really be a priority fix and it would be very nice to see someone from Giants chime in to give us some insight about the problem and a possible fix..

This isnt a rant.. my game is still more than playable.. I just wanted to put my thoughts in the pool for what they r worth.. happy farming.. stay safe everyone :)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Playing on pc the issue is now occurring on a regular basis, let's hope this doesn't go into the " won't fix category "
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

This morning I was searching the web version and that was very slow.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Giants must be having some kind of server or network trouble, to be causing these ModHub Loading issues. I must admit for a long time now, I on PC, have just used the website to view the mods released each day and download them to a storage folder on my PC should I ever wish to try any of them in my actual modfolder someday. However like Illinois says, even the website version is getting a bit slow to browse at times. I wonder if this is a knock-on effect of more people trying to use the website because of the in game ModHub Loading Issues.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 pm Playing on pc the issue is now occurring on a regular basis, let's hope this doesn't go into the " won't fix category "
I've emailed them several times months ago...I did a hug report (much I can with being console) and now this thread... absolutely no response. Pretty sure it's in the won't fix category
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 pm Giants must be having some kind of server or network trouble, to be causing these ModHub Loading issues. I must admit for a long time now, I on PC, have just used the website to view the mods released each day and download them to a storage folder on my PC should I ever wish to try any of them in my actual modfolder someday. However like Illinois says, even the website version is getting a bit slow to browse at times. I wonder if this is a knock-on effect of more people trying to use the website because of the in game ModHub Loading Issues.
The in-game mod hub issue has nothing to do with servers or the network.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:56 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 pm Playing on pc the issue is now occurring on a regular basis, let's hope this doesn't go into the " won't fix category "
I've emailed them several times months ago...I did a hug report (much I can with being console) and now this thread... absolutely no response. Pretty sure it's in the won't fix category
Something needs to be done as the issue appears to be getting a lot worse.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I have three choices: 1. Spend 95% of my available game time fooling with mods (which make the game worth playing, in my opinion), 2. Play with the mods already installed, 3. stop playing altogether. FS used to be my game of first choice. It’s quickly becoming my last. This is ridiculous. I’ve started noticing a lag, even when purchasing from the in game store. Will I buy the next one? I haven’t decided. it depends on what happens in the next couple of weeks. Aren’t we glad they don’t sell security software instead of a sim game?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:56 pm I did a hug report
Awwwww that’s sounds so much nicer than bug, we should always call them hug reports
RocketR

Post by RocketR »

For me, on Xbox, Modhub predictably freezes if I save and exit the game and then restart FS19 / Modhub without shutting off the Xbox in between. Turns out, instead of shutting the Xbox down each time before restarting a game session, you can select FS19 on your home screen, click the menu button and select Quit.