Modhub freezing (console)

SimulatedFarmer

Re: Modhub freezing (console)

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

No, its NOT fixed for me. I have had it. I will agree it’s somewhat better, but not enough. I’ve played this game through the last 3 iterations. I “sold” it to numerous friends who are now irritated, too...some of them with ME! Now, in addition to the mod hub freezing, when I start a new map, the Animals area of the store won’t load in game. AND, I have NO mods loaded in the games. xBox. While I’m at it, I’ll express that I’m tired of mods overlapping categories, both in categories on the main page, but in game, too. I see no good way to know where to look for, for example lights, or decorative things and the search feature is a joke. I have uninstalled the game (so has my sister, niece, next door neighbor (who just bought it and wants ME to pay for it). I’m on a rant, which I never do. I will never buy anything Giants produces. If Giants gives a s***, they don’t show it. I don’t post implied swearing, either, that’s how disgusted I am. Actually that’s what I am, more than angry - disgusted. Arrogant morons need to learn to code.
fright01

Post by fright01 »

The same issue exists on PC. It is not a network issue. It is a resource issue. While the UI lazy loads mods as they come into view via scrolling, it does not unload mods as they leave view via scrolling... So the list of mods being shown grows and the transposition of all menu items has to be updates. This is why it lags when you leave the details of a mod. It is rebuilding the list with all objects in it. And this is why it gets worse as you go further into the list.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I haven't played since Nov. 20. I'm not likely to buy the next one either. I can tolerate problems, but not complacency and arrogance. these people won't address customers. I've worked in technology and customer service. Code monkeys can behave like real people, too. "Halt and Catch Fire". A good series about how tech businesses fail.