Modhub freezing (console)

SimulatedFarmer

Re: Modhub freezing (console)

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Good idea. Thanks. I appreciate the help. If it weren’t for the gamers and modders and Youtubers (that looks like some kind of potato), I’d have stopped about 3 weeks ago.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The online hub is just as bad for me.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 pm The online hub is just as bad for me.
Yea, it's been growing worse the past week or two. I think it's related to the problem uploading mods to the site. Takes me 4 minutes to load a page there, and half the time it stops due to lack of response
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 pm The online hub is just as bad for me.
Yea, it's been growing worse the past week or two. I think it's related to the problem uploading mods to the site. Takes me 4 minutes to load a page there, and half the time it stops due to lack of response
Yet Giants can't take the time to respond on here their official forum about it.
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

It's how Giants has this game programmed, have you ever looked at the code, it works but it's ugly.
Their whole game engine needs to be scrapped and written from the ground up.
Harada

Post by Harada »

Since Giants seem to be ignoring the freezing issue with the ingame modhub, plus the fact there has been no positive response to it, I will not be buying the upcoming Alpine farming DLC or future FS games until they show a bit more respect to their customers
XBox Series S
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Still just as bad and when it eventually opens the latest mods option has not updated with today's mods 👎👎
SimulatedFarmer

Since there is no response to or concern for users, at least so it seems, by Giants, I'm stopping all play of this game for four weeks. I'll log on then and, if there's no change, there will be no further money spent here. Life is too short for this aggravation. I spent almost two hours yesterday loading three mods - not large ones, either. There's an arrogance about a company that takes your money and treats you as though you don't exist.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Can you imagine how bad the support for the expension will be?

They will just take your money and run away!

Remember that we still have day 1 issue that aren't fixed, as well as Claas DLC sliding vehicule with a "won't fix" mention!

Giants is just about marketing right now!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
garyst

Post by garyst »

mine freezes up as well, but I find that if you wait a minute after the game loads up before clicking on the modhub it will work the first time. Also for getting the new mods to show up I found that you have to wait about 10 minutes after they are finished uploading them on the website before they will show up on the in game modhub. Just make sure to quit and reload the game before checking for the new mods.
SimulatedFarmer

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:02 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:22 am You guys make it sound like you just let your ps4 sit there with fs running even if you're not at home.
I bet some people do...I do not. I never leave it on unless it's downloading
I shut off my Xbox ALWAYS when I'm done playing. I am below 40%. All other games are playing just fine, thank you very much, even the resource intensive ones. 🙃 So, that's not the issue.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I wonder why I'm not having these issues. Mine freezes for at most 10 seconds. Could it be related to internet speed? I don't have blazing fast internet but it's not the slowest either. About 40 Mbps.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
SimulatedFarmer

fenixguy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 pm I wonder why I'm not having these issues. Mine freezes for at most 10 seconds. Could it be related to internet speed? I don't have blazing fast internet but it's not the slowest either. About 40 Mbps.
Ours runs petty consistently at around 54-55 mps.
Harada

Post by Harada »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:33 pm Since there is no response to or concern for users, at least so it seems, by Giants, I'm stopping all play of this game for four weeks. I'll log on then and, if there's no change, there will be no further money spent here. Life is too short for this aggravation. I spent almost two hours yesterday loading three mods - not large ones, either. There's an arrogance about a company that takes your money and treats you as though you don't exist.
Agree about Giants. I stopped playing 2 weeks ago and have no intention of giving Giants anymore money.
XBox Series S
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 pm I wonder why I'm not having these issues. Mine freezes for at most 10 seconds. Could it be related to internet speed? I don't have blazing fast internet but it's not the slowest either. About 40 Mbps.
Idk I have about 10mbps download and 2mbps upload and at max it takes 90 seconds to open older mods.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer