Modhub freezing (console)

SimulatedFarmer

Re: Modhub freezing (console)

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

redglasses wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:11 pm
fenixguy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:13 pm I wonder why I'm not having these issues. Mine freezes for at most 10 seconds. Could it be related to internet speed? I don't have blazing fast internet but it's not the slowest either. About 40 Mbps.
Idk I have about 10mbps download and 2mbps upload and at max it takes 90 seconds to open older mods.
Does it matter, I wonder, where we live? I'm in the USA. Very fast internet, low resources use. FS can hang for up to 15 minutes per mod. That can happen when opening a section, just looking at or downloading a mod, and closing the section...usually all 3.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm in the US too.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
SimulatedFarmer

Odd.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Us, Ohio with 100 download speed...surely the problem. It's giants...and still continue to not even comment on the issue
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

What I’m about to say may have been said and it is a work around not a fix. If you want to remove a mod on console with minimal freezing go into your installed mods and find what you want to remove but don’t click on it. Write it down or take a pic. Then go back to the main menu of the mod hub and search it. Then you can remove it without the slow down. This method also works well when you want to look at the big folders for installing. Write down what you want to install then go back into the main hub and search it. This is what we’ve been doing for the last couple weeks and it really helps reduce the slow down. Sorry if this has been said again
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
SimulatedFarmer

Interestingly, the Modhub worked well this morning. I downloaded a map, the straw mod and a silo with only a minimal freeze at the end. That's totally acceptable. I'll go back later. I'll let you all know how it does.

I just don't understand why they refuse to comment. It would save a lot of grumbling on our part, which I'm sure they don't appreciate. I may be overly sensitive. I worked for years at a customer service training company when that was all the rage in the US. They're probably a group of young people who are overwhelmed sometimes. Nevertheless, it's never a good thing to keep your customers in the dark.

I hope this is resolved.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

They will all be busy making the next version of FS, but that really is no excuse as they know this happens every two years, and they should bring in extra staff to cover the existing game and not leave us to fend for our selves.
The German mentality and approach to work has become like the British work force in the 80s, slow, apathetic, arrogant (Nothing new there), unimaginative, belligerent.
Take for instance their car market, it was once the jewel in the crown, now half of them are bodged and break down constantly.
Foresprunderk technique, I don't think so!
Giants have become too fat and lazy. Take for instance the supposed new engine, that they banged on about at the start of FS19. New engine my foot, it is the tired old engine with a few bits bolted on to it, in other words a bodge job.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:06 pm Interestingly, the Modhub worked well this morning. I downloaded a map, the straw mod and a silo with only a minimal freeze at the end. That's totally acceptable. I'll go back later. I'll let you all know how it does.

I just don't understand why they refuse to comment. It would save a lot of grumbling on our part, which I'm sure they don't appreciate. I may be overly sensitive. I worked for years at a customer service training company when that was all the rage in the US. They're probably a group of young people who are overwhelmed sometimes. Nevertheless, it's never a good thing to keep your customers in the dark.

I hope this is resolved.
Early this afternoon after I installed the patch it worked flawlessly so I though great it's been fixed. Oh how wrong was I tonight it is worse than it has ever been *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:46 pm
Early this afternoon after I installed the patch it worked flawlessly so I though great it's been fixed. Oh how wrong was I tonight it is worse than it has ever been *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
[/quote]

downloading the patch would have nothing to do with the ingame mod hub as you don't download the patch from it as that is a totally 2 different things.
SimulatedFarmer

ace54858 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:46 pm
downloading the patch would have nothing to do with the ingame mod hub as you don't download the patch from it as that is a totally 2 different things.
[/quote]

However, the so-called "patch" CAN, and often does (ask Microsoft) have worse code than what it's patching. And, what difference does it make? If it's worse, it's worse.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

They claimed there was alot of bug fixes and lag issues that got fixed. I'm farming today so can't play...I'm assuming our has not been fixed? Again
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:45 pm They claimed there was alot of bug fixes and lag issues that got fixed. I'm farming today so can't play...I'm assuming our has not been fixed? Again
the only note's i've seen is https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=193# which doesn't have a lot listed. i have a feeling it came out on monday and they just got around to posting about it today.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It's becoming absolutely painful to do anything on farming-simulator.com now. It takes me 5 minutes to load the ModHub page with good internet, and I rarely go on there now because it's annoying to spend so long waiting for a page to load
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SimulatedFarmer

Yep. For me, it's very marginally better, but it's still more of an aggravation than fun. Tell me again: This IS supposed to be a game...for fun...right? A game I paid a fair number of $$$ for, right? I bought the whole shebang, too. My ever suffering husband has had it with my moaning and thinks I should write an Amazon review. I'm not going to - yet. I'm hoping the Giants gods will deign to look upon us and bring the mighty hammer of Thor to bear, either to smash the thing to Oblivion or, preferably, to make repairs.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

Yup, seems to be the same stuff, different day.... freeze.... work....freeze etc... I have noted that Sony has installed a software update... maybe some of the problem is that update... Not too sure of the date but it was just before Giants did theirs. Conflict of updates?? Very aggravating considering how many this stuff is happening with...
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4