Mods in dedicated servers

GregH

Mods in dedicated servers

Post by GregH »

Hello everyone, I’ve googled and searched on YouTube and found a video that helped and I followed it step by step to install mods from other websites and I have them in the dedicated server but when I get on farm sim to play on the server it says I am missing the mods but I have them in single player. I’m just not sure if I’m missing something or what is going on. Thanks for any advice
JeffFarmer1029

Re: Mods in dedicated servers

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

Have you checked to see if any of the mods need an update for the dedi server?
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Some mods are not multiplayer compatible.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Could be that the mods on the Server are different versions from the ones you have downloaded and have in single player. This can often happen when a sever admin doesn't update mods on a sever, but players have downloaded the more recent versions available from ModHub or wherever. It could also be that the Admin may have edited or altered a mod themselves before uploading it to the server, this will mean regardless of where you have downloaded the mod from the game will tell you that you don't have the correct mod. Best thing to do with dedicated servers is ask the admin to provide you with the server link to download all the active mods, this way you can be assured of getting all the correct mods and versions in use. As someone who runs a dedicated server the first thing I do is make sure I provide a download link to all players where they can download all the current active mods/map, and this save them time of having to hunt round sites trying to find and download mods and also solves the problem when I've customised many of the mods for server.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*