Silage not fermenting

vovovo

Silage not fermenting

Post by vovovo »

Hi,
I recently started using seasons mod and everything seems to be working fine except i have a silage pit that shows "fermenting 16%". As i know, it takes a season for silage to ferment, so i recon it should have been done by now as i'm already in early summer, or at least those percentages should go up a bit. What i did, was that i started using seasons on an old save, it reset everything but that silage pit to what i should be at early spring. Is there a way to manually finish fermenting or clear this pit?
Mwal

Re: Silage not fermenting

Post by Mwal »

Paint tool should clear it
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Front loaders have the biggest bucket but conveyors are faster.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The problem is it's already covered, not loose material anymore, I don't think paint tool will clear it.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Silage pit is still covered, so i can't use loaders. What i meant was, maybe it's possible to modify some XML fail to complete fermenting or is it not possible?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

In your savegame folder there is a file called items.xml. Within that file you can find the silage pit (search for "silo"). Then you will see a variable called fermentingTime. Just increase that value, reload the game and the silage is ready to be used. :)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If you want to remove it completely, the Easy Dev Controls mod by GtX has a feature in it called clear tip area that clears any crop types from the area around where you're standing
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

reallogger wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:12 am In your savegame folder there is a file called items.xml. Within that file you can find the silage pit (search for "silo"). Then you will see a variable called fermentingTime. Just increase that value, reload the game and the silage is ready to be used. :)
Thanks, that's what i was looking for *thumbsup*
raran

Post by raran »

Running a cultivator through the pit clears it as well if you're not a fan of EDC.