Headland Button

dentonkarl

Headland Button

Post by dentonkarl »

Hi
I’m wondering if there is a mod for FS17 that when you get to the headland you can press 1 button and it performs various actions like real life

EG press button and cruise slows down plough lifts, turns over ?

Thanks
DMZ Commander

Re: Headland Button

Post by DMZ Commander »

Hire helper button?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I think they are looking for something that would set the speed and raise the implement when you are driving, when you get to the end of the field. I don't know of any mods like that
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

dentonkarl wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 pm Hi
I’m wondering if there is a mod for FS17 that when you get to the headland you can press 1 button and it performs various actions like real life

Thanks
Not any that I know of. Not for 17 or 19
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

It might be that I haven't driven modern machinery but I have never had one button do all that in real life. Whenever I am turning with an implement like a plow or in a harvester it is a flurry of lever moving, button pushing, steering and shifting. Feels like I magically have another set of arms at times
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am It might be that I haven't driven modern machinery but I have never had one button do all that in real life. Whenever I am turning with an implement like a plow or in a harvester it is a flurry of lever moving, button pushing, steering and shifting. Feels like I magically have another set of arms at times
It’s a thing in modern machinery as you go up the ranges, so that you don’t have to try operate multiple levers at the same time. It’s configurable so you could set it up that , pto switches off, implement raised to a certain height, speed down to x... then you just press a button and it does all that. Press again to resume

A mod like would be great for FS
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am It might be that I haven't driven modern machinery but I have never had one button do all that in real life. Whenever I am turning with an implement like a plow or in a harvester it is a flurry of lever moving, button pushing, steering and shifting. Feels like I magically have another set of arms at times
Meh, your not missing much, haha. It seems to me we’re in a time of great innovation but at the same time at a peak of it. There are great things that really help and lots of stupid things that you can tell are just added in because “we need some new features so someone buys a new one every year”. It’s pretty hit or miss with lots of stuff in my opinion. They are starting to bury you so deep in settings and modes that it takes me a couple of days of running a new machine just to figure out what mode gives me all the power all the time. It’s can be annoying wading through overrides and default on shut down settings just to get going in the morning.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 pm \Meh, your not missing much, haha. It seems to me we’re in a time of great innovation but at the same time at a peak of it. There are great things that really help and lots of stupid things that you can tell are just added in because “we need some new features so someone buys a new one every year”. It’s pretty hit or miss with lots of stuff in my opinion. They are starting to bury you so deep in settings and modes that it takes me a couple of days of running a new machine just to figure out what mode gives me all the power all the time. It’s can be annoying wading through overrides and default on shut down settings just to get going in the morning.
This ^^^

I can jump in a tractor made anywhere before 2010 and be able to figure out what every single control means by just glancing or maybe flicking through the options if it's a recent one. The brand new ones are a lot more complicated, we refer to my dad's 8235R he uses for planting as a spaceship because of the 4 monitors, dozens of cords, and 2 hours spent hooking it up to the planter each spring :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I agree about so many settings. I just got the chance to sit in a CI Quadtrac... Like sitting in a spaceship.... not that I have sat in a spaceship. But I have seen the "Enterprise" and other "spaceships".... I believe the purchase should include a 8 hour course on how to get everything up and running... and then 4 hours practical... As with Dairydeere... used to jump on, fire it up and get to work... now it looks like you need to contact the control tower, ask for permission and then when given that ...Launch...
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

spincast1123 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm As with Dairydeere... used to jump on, fire it up and get to work... now it looks like you need to contact the control tower, ask for permission and then when given that ...Launch...
I'll usually skip the wait and fire up the GPS while I'm going down the road to the field haha

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

dentonkarl wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 pm I’m wondering if there is a mod for FS17 that when you get to the headland you can press 1 button and it performs various actions like real life

Couldn't you just setup a macro to do this?

So start macro A - slow down/lift plow/rotate plow
Turn tractor manually
Start macro B - lover plow/ engage cruise control
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?