Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

Beanbrother

Re: Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

Post by Beanbrother » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:27 am

It would be interesting to see what a “dumbed down” for lack of a better term would look like for Console Courseplay. Being a PS4 player I’ve always found it interesting to watch YouTube guys or girls, set up a courseplay and have a combine work the field with multiple turns and bushes to go around. I’m guessing the simpler version would have something along the lines of not being able to join fields or remove Bush. Guessing that the course would have to be preset to each map????

FarmBoss

Re: Petition for Giants to add GPS, Courseplay, and Autodrive to Console for FS21

Post by FarmBoss » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:55 am

^^ considering Giants have not incorporated a radial menu, and probably lack the knowledge to develop what modders are capable of, Course Play is not going to happen.
If Giants can hire some developers that have a clue, maybe they can incorporate some form of GPS, like most other games have. Maybe FS 2031, and maybe we'll still be alive.

farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 am

nope unless they make those scripts themselves and incorporate into the game ------ best wishes

Mwal

Post by Mwal » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 pm

So what I gather is people find giants competent enough to make equipment follow a point by point course if you are sitting in the tractor but not if you are outside of it? Has anyone considered the fact that they make the game or is that just me who thinks that?

Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:34 pm

cwattyeso wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:54 pm
GPS should definitely be a base game feature of future Farming Simulator games, since pretty much all real life farmers use it and auto steer in their vehicles today, it makes no sense that in the game the vehicles don't have it. The fact that GPS is one of the most downloaded mods in FS17 & FS19 must show Giants that players want and need this feature in their game.
I know of many real farms including my own that do not run autosteer

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

FarmBoss wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:55 am
^^ considering Giants have not incorporated a radial menu, and probably lack the knowledge to develop what modders are capable of, Course Play is not going to happen.
Having played another Farming game recently that forces you to use a Radial Menu on the Right Analogue stick to control everything on a vehicle or implement, I honestly don't think that's the way to go in a game, unless you switch to opening and navigating the Radial Menu with the left analogue stick on a controller. The game I'm playing now uses the right analogue stick and many times to select or alter options, you need to hold the right analogue stick in the direction of the option and then at the same time need to press Cross/Circle/Square etc, not sure how many people use a controller to play games, but have you tried moving and holding the right analogue stick with your right thumb, and at the same time tried to press one of the controller face buttons with the same thumb? Would be much better if the left thumb controlled highlight the options and holding the wheel on options whilst then leaving your right thumb free to click face buttons and choose options or change values.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Does anyone remember autotractor and autocombine? Are those still a mod for FS19?

Simple to use, and the AI would follow a field's edges no matter what. That is how the AI needs to work.

And yeah, GPS should've been a thing since FS15 at least. I remember using the awesome GPS mod for FS2013. It was amazing. I can't see why a "dumbed-down" version of that isn't in the base game. The AI already have it. All we need is a way to manually control it when not using a hired worker.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:27 pm

I
Don't give me the Sony and Microsoft won't let them. Gps is already in the game. Its exactly what the hired workers do. Instead of hiring a worker, call it activate gps and your tractor will go straight. Then instead of dismiss worker, you deactivate gps, make turn and activate again. I really don't understand how this isn't a working thing in the game.

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Closing this thread as, really, this is more a call to Spam than a Petition.

As many have said, current rules for console mods disallow the release of a few mods on consoles, any usage of scripts being one of them. This is however not something a petition or poll is going to change.
The good news is, that we're aware that folks would love to see mods with scripts on console too.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys