Does anyone?

AmericanFarmer23

Does anyone?

Post by AmericanFarmer23 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:19 pm

As everyone else on here I have a slight addiction to farming and everything farming related. I majority of the time find my self watching farm YouTube channels. Welkers, MNF, Larson, Kip S, Cornstar, Hourigan etc. So the question is does anyone ever watch their videos to get inspiration on how to set up their farm or how to do things?

Illinois Farmer

Re: Does anyone?

Post by Illinois Farmer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:32 pm

No I do things in fs that I do irl. I don't watch most of those videos. I watch some of millenial just to see the 8rx and the x9 combine in action.
1280 acre farm, 3300 hogs, 200 cattle, and xbox one user and pc user.

blackiecat

Post by blackiecat » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:14 pm

I often watch youtube to see the latest mods and maps, saves a lot of time deciding whether to download them or not, with video you get a better idea of the mod/map rather than a photo, to save time I wind the video on, to find the info I want.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:11 pm

I used the Welker videos to set up the starting point for my farm, but have grown it since then.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for 10% off your first purchase from me.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)

redglasses

Post by redglasses » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:02 pm

I don’t watch YouTube videos of real farms very often, but if I see something out in a field irl I will gladly watch for a little while.
Playing on xbox one
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:49 pm

I usually have Milinial Farmer, Welkers, How Farms Work, or Mike Mitchell playing while I'm playing FS.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:34 pm

I never watch youtube videos , I like to play how i want , not how someone else may think is how it should be played

I have tried a few of the farms on modhub but currently have removed them all again as i am happy playing the ones Giants made for us . I only think i have about 3 mods that are not made by giants , IE the orchards and greenhouses

Simon738

Post by Simon738 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:52 pm

I do for techniques, certainly ploughing as that is quite an art and I like to replicate the realism. I like watching YouTube for types of equipment used on medium/large scale UK farms again to keep the realism.

I generally get ideas from just living in the countryside and seeing various bits of machinery being used depending on the seasons.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
Chellington and Greenwich

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 am

I also look up videos of the equipment I'm using to make sure I'm using it correctly and have the right tractor/implement combination.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:28 am

yes and expand on it

Kimpak

Post by Kimpak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:38 pm

I love watching all the YT farmers. This Farm Wife, MF, Laura Farms, How Farms work, Field Rows, Harry's Farm, Cole. I like watching while I'm playing, but it doesn't really influence how I play the game. I don't farm myself IRL, but I do live in the sticks of Iowa so farming is all around me so I pretty much know the basics already.

European farms interest me though, its so much different than it is here in the Midwest USA.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm

I farm IRL, but I also enjoy seeing other farms on the go so I have Millennial Farmer, Farming with Duffyc91, Welker, and bigtractorpower. Not much of a YouTube watcher myself though. I think MNMF is one of the first maps that I have wanted to play that is based on a popular RL farm, and I actually did some mod gathering when the first version came out to replicate the farm's equipment for the most part. But I definitely want to give it my own flair and run a few extra machines that always make it into my saves. I'm not a grain farmer, so I can't say I know how it all works, but being in the ag industry and watching a few YTs has given me a lot of background as to how it works. I rarely run dairy cattle on my save purely because I get a lot of that action IRL haha
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS19 and ATS
Discord - Dairydeere#2509
Member of Farm Simulator Network
Moderator for Kederk Farms
FS19 Community Trader, the place to go for roleplay
My new Facebook page for modding and farming pictures!

West Texas - 45 hours

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Dairydeere wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm
I farm IRL, but I also enjoy seeing other farms on the go so I have Millennial Farmer, Farming with Duffyc91, Welker, and bigtractorpower. Not much of a YouTube watcher myself though. I think MNMF is one of the first maps that I have wanted to play that is based on a popular RL farm, and I actually did some mod gathering when the first version came out to replicate the farm's equipment for the most part. But I definitely want to give it my own flair and run a few extra machines that always make it into my saves. I'm not a grain farmer, so I can't say I know how it all works, but being in the ag industry and watching a few YTs has given me a lot of background as to how it works. I rarely run dairy cattle on my save purely because I get a lot of that action IRL haha
Farming with Duffyc91 is my new guilty pleasure. He seems like a pretty chill guy.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Griffin Indiana, 50+ hours and counting AJFarmer is awesome!!!!
Marwell Manor Farm, 520+ hours - Retired...
Osina 600+ hours - Retired...

Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 am

Don't watch faming videos, done enough of that in RL to know how things feel. Nor do I watch someone else play FS on YT.

I used to watch Squirrel play ETS 2 before buying the game, once I bought the game for myself I skipped most of his content... unless some really cool mod was being utilised.

duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:14 pm

I've been watching Cole for over a year now (his style changed a bit less fun now imho)
And a bit of Brian's farming

But no it doesn't affect me in game its just a bit of fun on the side for me
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.