Newbie to pc

wallacewellfarm

Newbie to pc

Post by wallacewellfarm »

Hello there I am as the title says new to pc as I have been a console player previously.
This may sound like a stupid question but if I buy this direct from Giants how does the process work as I have no clue how to digitally download the game.
Thanks in advance.
Goose66

Re: Newbie to pc

Post by Goose66 »

Easiest way is to make a steam account and download from there.
Very easy to navigate, downloads down automatically and there are thousands of games on there. Lots of sales at times too
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wallacewellfarm

Ah right ok cool and downloading direct from giants how would that work?
I am probably only looking to get FS on the computer as I am sharing it with my partner.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Similar process, if you buy direct from giants you will get an email with a link to the download portal and your licence key. Go to the link and input the key and it will download the game. Simply double click and the game will begin to install, it's pretty self explanatory from there on.

When the game installs you may need to enter the licence key again when you try run the game for the first time. Steam is certainly easier for updates etc. If you buy direct from giants then updates can be found here. You download the update and double click to install, as before you will need to enter the key for the game or DLC if you are updating that.
wallacewellfarm

Thank you very much for the info.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

If you are buying direct from GIANTS it might be worth having a look at your favourite youtubers and modders to see who has a "partner code" which will give them a bit of a bonus from GIANTS -- it's not much but every little helps.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wallacewellfarm

Ok and how do I do that?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

If you buy direct make sure to save the email with the digital code somewhere safe so you can use it in the future.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

wallacewellfarm wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:58 am Ok and how do I do that?
How do you use a partner code?

You find the code on your aforementioned favourite youtuber or modders social media and when you go to check out on the GIANTS web-shop you enter the code where requested.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wallacewellfarm

Ok will do thanks.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:59 am If you buy direct make sure to save the email with the digital code somewhere safe so you can use it in the future.
Highly recommend this as I've had to do 2 reinstalls.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
wallacewellfarm

Be sure to do that then.
Guil

Post by Guil »

wallacewellfarm wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:58 am Ok and how do I do that?
A lot of them would have affiliate links too, it just inputs their code automatically
wallacewellfarm

Cool cheers Guil.