Mowerconditioner?

mexel75

Mowerconditioner?

Post by mexel75 »

Hi,

just started playing on Charwell map, and discovered that I have a Krone Big M450 Mowerconditioner besides the standard base game Big M450 mower in the shop. Whats the difference between them? Whats a conditioner? Does this come with the map? They have exactly the same specs in the shop, and no description that explains the difference between them.
raran

Re: Mowerconditioner?

Post by raran »

They drop dry grass.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's part of the farming agency maize plus add-on. As you need to turn hay 4 times with the FA versions it counts as a drying stage when you cut the grass. Therefore you only have to use a tedder three times instead of four.
A conditioner on a mower essentially chops up the grass further to promote quicker drying, a quick Google will give you more information.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:13 pm It's part of the farming agency maize plus add-on. As you need to turn hay 4 times with the FA versions it counts as a drying stage when you cut the grass. Therefore you only have to use a tedder three times instead of four.
A conditioner on a mower essentially chops up the grass further to promote quicker drying, a quick Google will give you more information.
Also if you are doing pit silage it needs to be tedded once unless you use the mower with the conditioner I believe.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:13 pm It's part of the farming agency maize plus add-on. As you need to turn hay 4 times with the FA versions it counts as a drying stage when you cut the grass. Therefore you only have to use a tedder three times instead of four.
Ok, thank you for your explanation. But after mowing with a traditional mower and tedding twice, I get hay with some dry weather. I don't see a need for 4 times tedding. Why is that?
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

A related question. Does anyone know how to add the 'conditioner' function to an existing mower mod?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Kimpak wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:55 pm A related question. Does anyone know how to add the 'conditioner' function to an existing mower mod?
I did it a while back I can't remember exactly which line in the xml I added or changed. Have a look at the xml for one of the included mod mowers.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The latest update to maize plus appears to implement a global script to change all mowers to mower conditioners
maxkiba

Post by maxkiba »

I'm playing on Holme Wold Farm (Farming Agency Edition), we didn't activate MaizePlus and yet still have MaizePlus somehow. Is there a way to turn it off ?

Also we cut our grass with a conditioner, its now stage 3 grass automatically and the silage pit at the bga still won't take it.
Does anyone know why ? Or is the silage pit just broken ?