Pc is the way

wallacewellfarm

Pc is the way

Post by wallacewellfarm »

New to pc and jees what a massive difference compared to console.
Loading times are so quick and then obviously the mods you can get.
I would say anyone that’s thinking to go maybe the pc route from console should definitely do so,you won’t be disappointed.
duncan_101

Re: Pc is the way

Post by duncan_101 »

I second this
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
wallacewellfarm

What are the trusted mod sites?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

The official Modhub, obviously.
Also, there are a few. Yesmods uses original download links, but I'm not even sure if it's an active site anymore, more like an archive.
The best place to get any mod for me would be directly from the author if they have a Facebook page.
Also there is lsmodcompany, they seem legit.
I'm sure there's more but can't think of any off the top of my head while at work.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wallacewellfarm

Ok guys thank you
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU

Post by 101010 »

YesMods has dropped considerably in quality since the original maintainer left.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

My signature says it all
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Absolutly. There is no real advantage to a console. Pc's are more difficult to buy, just because of all the options and you need to know what you need/don't need. You can buy a $10k rig and waste about half your money on it, but you can get a $1k one that will outperform any console and still be doing so 8yrs later with just gpu and ram upgrades...

I played on console before I ever had a pc, original nintendo and then n64. Then my parents got a decent pc and I played on that untill I bought the first Xbox. Played on it for a few years and went back to pc. Never going back to console.

I actually feel sorry for anyone who is a gamer and never had the joy of playing on a gaming pc...
PC gamer.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I used to be a console farmer and moved to PC a couple of years back. There is something to be said for the console version. Its a simpler experience and and you can get a lot of gaming pleasure making more out of less. I jumped ship to PC during FS-17 when there was a much bigger difference between the console and PC versions of the game. With FS-19 thats not so much the case. The only game changing things that are missing on console now are the script based mods like follow me and coureplay. At least on console you know the mods that you do have have passed a quality test don't have wheels rotating backwards.

There's still a lot of great maps that have never made it to console and I don't think OxygenDavid's upcoming Calmsden Farm map is coming to console, that looks like a bit of game changer.

So yeah you're missing a lot on console but not as much as you used to.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Yes PC gaming is the way to go with most games. I stopped testing console game a few years ago. As some have said a PC can make or break your wallet. PC building today is very simple and with YT videos and sites like pcpartsbuilder, it can be very simple. I'm by no means rich, so I usually take what part I can from old system and use in the new.

To be honest the only advantage in console gaming is maybe the cheaters in FPS or similar, but thats going away fast with cheating even on console.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Cosole games do benefit in some areas. I'd rather play gta or cod on my couch than in my computer chair. Fs19 though, oofah, I got my wheel, pedals, sidepanel, and dual thrustmasters lol
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

When it comes to general gaming there are definite reasons to love consoles. Sony especially have amazing exclusives for the Playstation I think. I too prefer sitting on my couch gaming and actually that is something I miss from playing FS on console. I know I can rig my PC up through my TV but its just a faff moving it from my desk and setting it up.

Once you catch the PC gaming bug it is certainly an expensive hobby. The urge to want to keep things up to date and current with your system is huge. Console gamers have it easy just having to spend £400 or so every 7 years on a new console. I spent £2000 on high end gaming PC almost 3 years ago and I've just spent £750 on a new graphics card.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I like both, have played FS on both, but don't have the time or want to spend the money to go the PC route anymore. I, thankfully, have a real-life and spending thousands on a video game machine isn't a priority at the moment. Also, I work on a PC all day long (currently at home). I don't want to get off work and set back down at another PC and "relax".

But yeah, PCs will always be "better" than consoles like a Ferrari is "better" than a Ford. That's why they make both.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!