Update

CowsGoMoo

Re: Update

Post by CowsGoMoo »

cwattyeso wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:50 pm
theSeb wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 pm How do people even come up with this stuff?
I was trying to avoid the answer that blamed consoles and console players for all things wrong with the game. They tend to be a touchy bunch of people who come at you with their torches and pitchforks.

I'm fully aware the game was designed and developed to run on and not exceed 12 year old hardware at this point in time, and no matter how much all of us sitting here with 128GB RAM in our PCs would love it, the game will never access or use more then 2GB. So your always going to have problems running scripts in such a limited amount of space, and with more and more mods coming out with heavy script elements, there is going to come a point where this game falls over and buckles and can't work anymore.
So us console players are supposed to just sit down and shut up when some pc guys throw the blame on us?

If you need any help putting your foot in your mouth I'm not doing anything.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

So yea..... that update is interesting ๐Ÿค” how about that weather we're having.......๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™ƒ
Farming on FS19 ๐Ÿšœ
On console, PS4๐ŸŽฎ
Taking donations for an epic PC ๐Ÿค‘
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis ๐Ÿคช
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

๐Ÿ˜‚
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

PS4farmhand wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:48 pm So yea..... that update is interesting ๐Ÿค” how about that weather we're having.......๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™ƒ
Need it to rain on my Welker map, otherwise it's gonna be a bad year for my soybeans.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

must have been an Xbox only update, as I did not have any update last evening on the PS4
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

CowsGoMoo wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:38 pm
theSeb wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 pm How do people even come up with this stuff?
I was trying to avoid the answer that blamed consoles and console players for all things wrong with the game. They tend to be a touchy bunch of people who come at you with their torches and pitchforks.

I'm fully aware the game was designed and developed to run on and not exceed 12 year old hardware at this point in time, and no matter how much all of us sitting here with 128GB RAM in our PCs would love it, the game will never access or use more then 2GB. So your always going to have problems running scripts in such a limited amount of space, and with more and more mods coming out with heavy script elements, there is going to come a point where this game falls over and buckles and can't work anymore.
So us console players are supposed to just sit down and shut up when some pc guys throw the blame on us?

Nobody is throwing the blame at console players. The blame is totally on Giants for not bothering to accommodate the ability and resources of each platform individually. If Giants chooses to limit PCs because it would require extra work, then that is on them.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

What I don't understand is why the bickering? If you don't appreciate the game as it is...... There are many other games to enjoy. Giants isn't the only game developer and each game has its plus and minus... if you only wish to complain... hang up the tractors and implements and do some other sim. Look at all the Giants HAS done, compare it to others and enjoy.... Yes, things get pushed to the back burner and sometime it is forgotten or gets put in the fridge for later. Sure there are things that Giants has slipped on but so has Micros.... and other developers. This is NOT a perfect game nor are others. I don't blame anyone for the faults and missteps but accept that which comes and learn to work within the framework given when it changes. Sure there are things I wish would be changed, like steering and throttle but I still play and enjoy knowing that there are limits and only a set number of assets to work with. Sorry about the venting, but find something to smile about and enjoy a good laugh.
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Well said!

Sorry if my asking about the update has caused arguments :-s
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FarmBoss wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Nobody is throwing the blame at console players. The blame is totally on Giants for not bothering to accommodate the ability and resources of each platform individually. If Giants chooses to limit PCs because it would require extra work, then that is on them.
And I agree with you there FarmBoss, to make the game work with the limitations of the lesser performing platform is kind of stuff. Not trying to make an argument about console better than pc, I know pc is generally the better performing and definitely less limited platform, but it's the ones that take that "pc master race" mentality to heart and mind that cause the most gruff (not saying cwattyeso is like that). Yes majority of pc players either don't care or support all platforms, but like most things it's the loudest people that are only heard. Don't mean to cause trouble myself but if someone is going to take the time and effort to rile up the argument I'm not about to sit there and quietly listen to it. Console is my platform of choice but there are a few games I wish I had a pc for.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

CowsGoMoo wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:18 am
FarmBoss wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm

And I agree with you there FarmBoss, to make the game work with the limitations of the lesser performing platform is kind of stuff. Not trying to make an argument about console better than pc, I know pc is generally the better performing and definitely less limited platform, but it's the ones that take that "pc master race" mentality to heart and mind that cause the most gruff (not saying cwattyeso is like that). Yes majority of pc players either don't care or support all platforms, but like most things it's the loudest people that are only heard. Don't mean to cause trouble myself but if someone is going to take the time and effort to rile up the argument I'm not about to sit there and quietly listen to it. Console is my platform of choice but there are a few games I wish I had a pc for.
I prefer console as well even though I'm fortunate to have a choice.
I don't think the developers consider either as a master race since it's all about money, and console and PC both make them a stuff load of cash.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If it was all about money we'd be playing or anticipating FS21 right now.

Clearly GIANTS, like any company, need money to grow and frankly survive, but if it was all about the money we'd have a game every year like EA, or a freemium model with a ton of DLCs and loot boxes.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The limited number of mods you can install has nothing to do with Lua or engine limitations. It simply is a restriction provided by Sony and Microsoft that limits the amount of data we can install next to the game data.
The update that is no provided on consoles to some of the people will be available to everyone soon, this is a backend configuration mixup that made it available to some earlier. We will have more information about it's changes when it is available to all.
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

That sounds interesting :-)
Did anyone else see the creative mesh post on Instagram and Facebook the other day?
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

this_is_gav wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:29 am If it was all about money we'd be playing or anticipating FS21 right now.

Clearly GIANTS, like any company, need money to grow and frankly survive, but if it was all about the money we'd have a game every year like EA, or a freemium model with a ton of DLCs and loot boxes.
We don't have 21 because of the new consoles coming out. If they released 21 now, on current consoles they might not get as many game sales.
Giants does release a game every year, alternating between PC/MAC/Console and mobile.
They pump out a new version as often as they can, which may be why the initial releases are terrible.
When you're running a business, it's a safe bet that it's all about money.

PS. I'm not dissing, I'm just saying.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It would be great to get an update on the modhub freezing issue though, since we were not discussing the limitations of platforms in terms of storage size for mods, number of mods or slot counts. :)